In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Is snow ruining anyone elses bow hunting

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
I had thought that I may be able to try and go bowhunting today since it will be over next week. The 8 inches of snow that came since 6 this morning sorta stopped those plans. Now I'll have to resort to making hot spicy burn your tongue chili. with deer burger of course. [:)]

Comments

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You gonna let a few inches of snow stop you from hunting? I had bronchitis real bad and still hunted, but i'm also shy a few braincells[;)] Don't believe me just asked my ex and my woman I have now, they'll both tell you i'm a couple bottles shy of a six pack[:D][:D] ecspecially when it comes to hunting.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I've been pushing snow since just before 8. I get the drive cleared then it's got another couple inches on it where I started, either from it snowing more or it drifting across. I also shoveled for three neighbors down the way, they sorta old and they hadn't cleared any of what we got yet.
    Got me two cups of coffee, a cinnamin (sp?) roll, a glass of orange juice and a piece of coffee cake outa the deals. I sure run hard bargains huh. [:D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Your a good man! My huntin (deer anyway) is over. lookin' forward to spring turkey now! And more yotes.......

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey sus, Did ya put anything in that there OJ[?] With the cold and snow you need something to keep you warm!!! I think I may just have to take my own advice, if i can handle it. I had a whole bunch of KEEP ME WARMS last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:(][:(][:(][B)][xx(][:D]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
    edited November -1
    I just got back from the market, got me a fresh 30pack just in case. No, I didn't add anything to the orange juice. Might try a little jack & coke later on though. My chili should be about done now.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    Got about 4 hours of hunting in today, boy it sure was cold in that darn tree. Saw like 18 or 20 does, but none came within range.
    I'm a little more happy now that I got in one more time before seasons over.
    [:)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I'm jealous[}:)]. At least you saw deer while you were out that always makes me feel better just to see'em. How was the chili??

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    thats alot of deer to be seeing. I have never bow hunted in the snow before

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
    edited November -1
    I know what you mean bang, seeing deer helped me stay out there longer, I didn't think as much about how cold I was. [:D]
    The chili was pretty good, but not as hot as it shoulda been.

headzilla, how come you haven't hunted in snow yet?