In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sooo...

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Just out of couriosity(sp? wheres spell check when you need it) what do y'all think would be a central location for everyone to meet? Do you think it is possible to make it happen? Would you have an interest? What is the best time of year? Give me your thoughts, ideas, likes, dislikes. Not saying I can make this happen, I just wonder if WE could make it happen. These are all just thoughts. Whats yours???

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    So is it a bad idea??

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I think it's a good idea, not sure how it will work out though. Us being from all over means some long drives for some people. I'm not sure I'm willing to drive 400 miles to drink some brew and throw a few arrows. (Jay the one being totally honest right now)
    The way my works been going this year I may have to start travling some. That'll cut away from home time and hunt time for me, but it may throw me into somewhere close to some of you all.
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    I personally think it is a wonderful idea. How about finding a hunting lodge we could all go in together on a trip for the fall maybe? Its a long time away but it would also give us a chance to shop around and arrange things with our spouses.

its all about pucks and bucks
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I have a friend who's family owns an extremely nice lodge in Southern Illinois. He could get me in, but I'm not sure if he'd give me a real good deal, because they have no trouble staying booked.

Ben

http://www.turkeycreeklodge.com/hunting_lodge/

It looks like they're all open for next season. If you guys wanted to make it a cheaper trip, we could do a coyote hunt, offseason(I could definitely get a cheap deal on that).

If you look at this link you will see a hallway in the picture on the bottom right.

http://www.turkeycreeklodge.com/hunting_lodge/accom/default.asp

There are 5 single bedrooms down this hallway. Upstairs, there are one or two doubles. These pics were taken a long time ago when they opened. They really have some huge mounts in there now. They are on excellent land.....AND, they are only about 6 miles away from the bar with the pig.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm game for about anything as long as I have enough time to clear it with the boss[:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Nice lookin' place ben, that's one of my many dreams is to have my own lodge. I think I could be game by next fall or there after. Like I said before it is just a thought and I wanted others input. With the twins coming very soon I wasn't planning on anything right away. I just wanted to hear others thoughts and opinions. I think we could have one heck of a good time and some great memories and stories to tell.[:)]

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Well I like the place, but then again, I get to drink there, ride 4 wheelers, and play pool during their off season.

Let's wait and see if susp and gagirl show any interest. Also, this can be a family trip--If you have any friends that might be interested, let them know.

Worse come to worse, if we did run out of room, I have access to a good bit of land 20 miles south of there, and I have an Army tent with a wood stove(but no AC).

I'm sure Andy(owner's son) would do what he could to get us a deal. I just saw him two weeks ago at a bar. He, his bro-in-law, my two buds, and I were going to throw down with some meth heads over drunken commentary. Lucky for the meth heads we were too poopfaced to fight. "Whatcha think I stick it in your * gay, homo!!!"(I think some comment along that line is what started it) haha!bleeners!!!

Ben
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

Let's wait and see if susp and gagirl show any interest. Also, this can be a family trip--If you have any friends that might be interested, let them know.

We talked it over and decided we could share a room to save on space so it's all good. [;)]

I am sure my wife isn't going to want to come along if I'm hunting. I would consider it if the price isn't to bad. Us non-residents are gonna have a bit of money tied up in tags also.
    Like I said before my work may have me going to Indiana and Oklahoma a lot so I'm sure a work trip would take me and my bow right into you guys domains. [:D] I'll probably even be able to foot a meal or to for all of us. [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I would be in for it. Not to sound like a total sleazeball but I would be willing to drive out to where you guys are to do some hunting. I would like to meet all of you guys, to do some hunting, drinking, and shooting

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Count me in... hunting lodge with a bunch of good looking hunters... man I am SOOOOOO THERE. Family trip? NO NO NO NO NO get AWAY from the demons trip... (I really meant sure bring the loving family, but the voices in my head took over for a second)

its all about pucks and bucks