In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

10 point mountain buck down

DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
What a season so far. I have had some crazy luck this year. I killed an 8 pt Saturday morning, then headed to my Dads in the mountains and Monday morning this buck comes right behind me at 8 am. For some reason, alot of the bucks on Dads farm look like this. Many are bigger, but many have this same "basket" type rack. I killed an 8 pt several years ago that had a rack almost identical to this one. I was glad to get him (blackpowder). Since Tuesday, we have been soaked from hurricane Ida. I hope to get back in the woods Saturday for opening of rifle season.

(the vehicle behind me is a 2 wheel drive "Rokon" I used to haul him out. It pulls like a tractor. Pulled this buck straight up the side of a steep ridge- sure beats dragging them. Way too steep for a quad)

Good luck to all.

Regards, Don

10pt.jpg

Comments

• MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow...your on fire this year. Congratulations, another beautiful buck.
  • tcleartclear Member Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Definately a season to remember! COngrats again!!!
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    You are tearing them up. Congrats.
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man!... You are kickin some "Deer-*!![8D] Way to go![^]
  • we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That vehicle looks like what we use to call a "tote goat" back in the early 70's, and yes they will pull. Nice deer , what mtns do you live in? Im in West. NC.
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I no longer live in the mountains of Virginia, I just go to visit and hunt every year at my Dads. It is located about an hour North of Boone, NC. Right outside of a little one horse town called Saltville. I can see Mt. Rogers and Whitetop Mt. from there. Very rugged terrain with lots of game including bear, bobcats, coyote- you name it.

Regards, Don
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Congrats to you! Can I borrow some of your luck please. [:D]
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Killin machine !!!

I had one of those killin years a long time ago.

Killed 3 monster bucks !!

You will remember this one for ever !!!
    Abort Cuomo
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Congrats to you! Can I borrow some of your luck please. [:D]

yea get in line spanky[:D]
    Had a decent six comming right to me this morning. almost ready to draw the bow this guy about 75 yards away walking his dogs on the powerlines starts yelling no stop to his muts Im watching the deer watch him. he wouldent shut up the deer casually turned to the right and dissapeared in some thick brush,, God was watching over thet deer cause I would have has a 35 yard broadside shot no lims or trees in the way.. I was soooooooo pissed. Oh well at least I had another encounter.