In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Tarsal glands?

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Whats your take on the tarsal glands? Do they need removed or not?

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    no, if you have to cover them use duct tape.

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Why do you guys make things so difficult for me? What the you not what is a tarsal gland? Is it on the inside of the back legs, on the forehead, or by it's hooves?
    The only ones I use are the ones on the inside of each leg, I cut those off, freeze them, then drag them behind me during rut the next season. Not sure if it works, but i still do it. [:D]
    I only cut them off bucks, the does I leave be and skin the hides off like normal.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll cut them of as to not touch them, because if ya do touch one you'll smell for days[xx(].

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • riverriver Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1