In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

sheep

mansonmanson Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
hey guys I know alot of you cut up your own deer but do any of you have any Experience cutting a sheep. we bought it from before and the farmer raised it and kept it in a small cage so ti wouldnt grow and I just got done skinning it and just wondering if any of you guys knew anything about it.
-michael

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I butchered a sheep once when I was in 4-H, about 18 or 20 years ago. Seems like two of the best cuts were at the top of each hind quarter, is that right?
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm staying away from this question on grounds I might say the wrong thing and ya'll would get the wrong idea.[:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Sheep, aahh, yess. Some people count sheep to go to sleep I used to lay in bed and ..uh...
    well the other day I drove by a sheep farm and thought now there is a nice, warm looking speciman. Because of the wool of course.[:D]

I think I'll have another beer and drive back by there...the farm.....joke. ha ha.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey bang, goats are better, they have built in handlebars[:D][:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
    edited November -1
    [?][?][?] [V]

bowhunting bowhunting bowhunting bowhunting bowhunting bowhunting
    Are you back on track now?[:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Thanks, susp. I got kinda lost there. I better go put my velcro gloves away. [:I]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Thank's Sus those guy's were starting to scare me[:0] and the sheep[:I]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    have ever bowhunted sheep[:D][:D][:D]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    First cut off it's legs. Then, cut off it's neck. Then cut off the ribs. Then, cut what ever is left over off. If you have more than two pieces left, cut them apart. That's how I'd do it. Then I'd make gyros.

Have you ever heard the song Delia? This post kind of reminds me of that.

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Did anyone know that sheep is the most milked animal in the WORLD? Just a bit of info that has nothing to do with any of this stuff but you find out all kinds of stuff when you make cheese.....
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I make my own cheese as well but it doesn't come from milk useually there is a stockpile of it after a week of deer camp[;)]
  • mansonmanson Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    yeah thanks for all the help those who kept to the subject. [:D] and I was thinking of cutting the ribs off and then making it almost frozin and then split the tenderloin and then just it into chops with a bandsaw.
    -michael
  • riverriver Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    roast him whole
    edited November -1
    this topic started out with sheep, then moved to sex, then to gloves, then back to sheep again, then onto milk and cheese.
    You all are a riot!!!!!!!!!! [:D][:D]
  • BakuMaxBakuMax Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Finally something I know a little bit about! You cut their throats first, then gut them like a deer. Then you put them on a big tree stump and hack them to pieces with an axe like you might use to behead someone with. Little slivers of bone in each bite. Ummmm! That's what my neighborhood butcher does every morning. No wonder I hate sheep meat!

Most often heard answer to the famous question here in Azerbaijan...
    "What's for dinner?"
    Wife: "Mutton, honey."

What did you pay for that sheep?

Do no harm.