In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How many of you...

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
Will shoot bambi? Now I don't mean shoot a deer. I mean shoot a deer that is perfect size for a Weber Rotisserie. Small. Real, real small. I was out scouting over the weekend and saw a track that could almost be completely covered with a quarter. All I could think of was a barbecue that could feed about 9 people. Is that so wrong?

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
Play Ball!!!

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    same as veal!

I always called it vealison.[^]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Absolutely. My rule during archery, is the first deer I see, I shoot-after the first, I can be more selective.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Islander1989Islander1989 Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I try to avoid spots. The guys in camp will really ride you for spots. Other than that, it's fair game.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Will shoot bambi? Now I don't mean shoot a deer. I mean shoot a deer that is perfect size for a Weber Rotisserie. Small. Real, real small. I was out scouting over the weekend and saw a track that could almost be completely covered with a quarter. All I could think of was a barbecue that could feed about 9 people. Is that so wrong?

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!

Wrong, Uh NO[:D] No spots equals dead deer and easy to caryy outta the woods.

"Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"anim_naughty.gif
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a bow kill that field dressed at 56lb.Yum Yum That was good eaten.[:o)]

MLMorgan
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A deer is a deer to me on the 1st one that comes in WHACKUM [xx(],, be pickie after that. [:D] OOO and the spots thought thos were just aimming points. [:)]

GET~R~DONE!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    No, I wouldn't shoot it. Why not harvest a doe say 2 years or more old then bbq a front quarter?
    I would feel bad shooting bambi, don't you remember the movie and how sad it was? I doubt I could even draw back when bambi walked up without a care in the world still counting on momma to take care of them. sniffle sniffle
    [:(] now I'm sad, please don't do it Ben!
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you seen that new millwakees(sp?)Best light commercial? That is what needs to happen to Susp. He's all crying! There's no crying in Bow Hunting![:D] I'm going to be getting low on meat and am going to be itching to kill something with my new bow![;)] So no spots = [xx(]
    BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It wasn't with a bow, but I took a bambi, spots and all. Tied her legs together, stuck the rifle through them, and carried her out like a suitcase. That was the LAST TIME I went hunting.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Iwould.[}:)] but I hate when they BLAAAAAAA BLAAAAAAA BLAAAAAAA[V] that just kills me. I feel bad.[:I]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I go for the smaller does. Like said above, we avoid the spots, otherwise fair game. However, one guy in our camp was shooting at a doe in early bow season and missed. It was stanging in deep grass. When he went to look for his arrow, he found that he had hit "Bambi" under the doe. It weighed less than 20 pounds. But my buddy did the right thing and tagged it, threw it over his shoulder Literally, and checked it in. Yup, we still tease him on that one!

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    With the guys I hunt with(ENOS being one)you will get a lot of crap about shooting the neighbors "dog". Last season I thought I was shootin a doe, low light, I let her fly, the deer hopped, skipped fell over dead. I got down and as I got closer I thought damn that is kinda small. turned out to be a button buck. I did feel bad and will be more selective and careful this season unless I just get to excited and can't control myself. I have set some standards for myself this year I just hope I can stick to them.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Knock the spots off it. Nah I don't do that. I do have standards.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I feel worse killing a big doe off of a fawn, than killing a fawn off of a big doe.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    sounds like we all have killed a few dogs.[:0] Thanks Ben
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    quote:Iwould. but I hate when they BLAAAAAAA BLAAAAAAA BLAAAAAAA that just kills me. I feel bad.

I hate when they do that, I had to chase one of them away after i took momma down.

and oldtimer i hunt with gave me this advise before my first bow hunt he said shoot the first deer that walks by i dont care if you have to play connect the dot sausage let the arrows fly

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.