In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hows this for a good first day

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
First day shooting since last november, First 3 shots in a nice little clover leaf in the kill zone tiny ring, but i did have a flyer on the 4th arrow its a little bent i think. the rest of the day went just like that not to bad for not shooting in a while. Im ready put me in a stand

Pinky-what are we going to do today brain?

Brain-the same thing we try to do everyday...try and take over the world!

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Better than mine! I'm sick to my stomach right now. I was out in the garage earlier and was getting some of my decoys out. My bow was hanging in front of the cabnet so I took it down and laid it on the floor. I took my decoys out to the shed messed around for an hour or so. My fiancee wanted to find a house of some lady she is having a longaberger basket party thing with so when I came back in she asked if we could go find that house, sure hop in the truck and we'll go. CRUNCH, guess who's got a smashed superslam now?? I don't see anything that isn't ruined, maybe my peep sight is okay, but that's bout it. Man this sucks bad. I even had my release hanging on there!

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    well, suspension, that sucks. I feel for ya, brother. Good luck getting your rig fixed.
    Ben
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Never lay a Bow on the floor or the roof or trunk of a car.Sooner or later someone will forget it's there.I drove down the highway a short distance one time and heard a noise from the rear of the car and looked into my rear-view mirror to see my Brother-in-Laws bow go bouncing along the highway.

We both forgot it on top the roof.[:(]

1-Powder

2-Patch

3-Ball

4-Remove the Rod

5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
    edited November -1
    It sucks for sure. There isn't any hope of fixing it, it left this morning with the garbage. Bout the only thing that wasn't damaged was the peep sight and string, probably if I looked close enough they were messed up to. Oh well to late now.
    Still got my trusty browning to shoot, man that thing must be at least 16 years old, got it when I was in 7th grade I beleive, dad said I'd grow into it. [;)] Sure is a fast bow [;)] Maybe I'll get lucky and have deaf & dumb deer this year everytime I hunt. [:p]

Hey s.gun how about shooting ground hogs off the tailgate off your truck then driving away with a model 700 308 remington laying on the taigate, least for a little while. My brother did that, after he got home and realized he went back the same route but it was gone..?? Surprise huh [:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by s.gun
    Never lay a Bow on the floor or the roof or trunk of a car.Sooner or later someone will forget it's there.

Been there done that. Though not with a bow, with a pair of binoculars.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • bigal125bigal125 Member Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:quote:
    Originally posted by s.gun

Never lay a Bow on the floor or the roof or trunk of a car.Sooner or later someone will forget it's there.

Been there done that. Though not with a bow, with a pair of binoculars.

Same here, though not with a bow or binocs.....it was a Seiko watch from my ex-girlfriend! I didn't lose it though....found it....about 6 blocks from home, embedded in the hot asphalt (July in Tucson, AZ!), all smashed & busted!

Big Al (I really liked that watch.. )
  • runt-hunterrunt-hunter Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    SUSPENSION, THAT SUCKS--ARE YOU RIGHT OR LEFT HANDED?
    edited November -1
    I'm right handed. [?]

I still have an old browning that will kill a deer, plus last week I picked up a Golden Eagle at an auction. Don't know much about it yet, but it seems okay so far.

I totally trashed my entire Hoyt and it did suck bad.

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    Better than mine! I'm sick to my stomach right now. I was out in the garage earlier and was getting some of my decoys out. My bow was hanging in front of the cabnet so I took it down and laid it on the floor. I took my decoys out to the shed messed around for an hour or so. My fiancee wanted to find a house of some lady she is having a longaberger basket party thing with so when I came back in she asked if we could go find that house, sure hop in the truck and we'll go. CRUNCH, guess who's got a smashed superslam now?? I don't see anything that isn't ruined, maybe my peep sight is okay, but that's bout it. Man this sucks bad. I even had my release hanging on there!

Thats bad. Good luck getting it fixed.
    Last year I had a simular incident. My wife and I use the same car to go to work-She works days, I work night. One night I had a gig, and I left my instruments in the car overnight. Wife gets in the car to go to work the next morning, and saw my instruments in the back seat. I dont know what she was thinking, but she takes them out of the car, puts them on the driveway, plannning to bring them in when she comes back in the house(she was warming up the car). Well she forgets to bring them in, and as she is leaving, RUNS OVER MY HORNS! She came in the house crying, told me what happend. I was so pissed I was speechless. She leaves for work, I open the case, which is completely crushed, and look at the horns. Thankfully, there was no dAMAGE TO THE WOOD-SOME KEYS WERE BENT, AND SOME PADS CAME OF, BUT THAT STUFF COULD BE FIXED. $400 and the horns were as good as new. The funny thing about it, was that I had just bought the case a couple of years ago. When I bought it, I was considering a cheaper model, and almost bought the cheap case, but thought to myself, these are my clarinets, they deserve a good case. If I bought the cheaper model, my horns would have been ruined. I never thought my horns would ever get run over, but I guess you never know.
    The incident made me go out and buy nice travel cases for my guns and bow.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    I agree with you salzo. I plan on getting a hard bow case, I only have a padded one now. I have those nice aluminum cases and some of the hard plastic cases for my guns, but never got one for a bow [V]

• A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bad luck suspension!!! But I never knew browning made bows...hmmm[?]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A.Gun
    Bad luck suspension!!! But I never knew browning made bows...hmmm[?]

I got that browning when I was in 8th maybe 9th grade [:)] Going on 30 this year [:(] so it's kinda old.
    Browning still makes bows though.