In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Boar Hunting

BowBoyBowBoy Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
I am going boar hunting in Tioga Pennsylvania at the end of this month. I was wondering if anyone out there has any advice or recomendations on high I should be practicing and what ranges to expect to be within to get a good shot. Also what kind of setups are ya'll using to hunt pigs. I am using a High Country SSR carbon bow set at 70# shooting a Carbon Revolution Arrow tipped with a 75 grain titanium Steelforce broadhead at 328 fps. I know that this is a pretty light setup but I am getting really good penetration with it.

Comments

• Options
    SlowpitchSlowpitch Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never hunted bore myself But plan on it someday, good luck Bowboy !!!
  • Options
    bambiehunterbambiehunter Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    WENT ON FIRST HOG HUNT IN OKA. BUDDY KILLED HIS WITH A RECURVE SHOT MINE WITH A HOYT 63# GOLD TIP ARROWS AND MUZZY 100'S DIDN,T GET MINE HIT HIM IN SHOULDER TRY TO SHOOT LIKE A DEER QUARTERING AWAY OR BEHIND SHOULDER I WOULD SAY NO MORE THAN 20 YARDS DARN THINGS ARE FAST HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD TIME WHAT A RUSH
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never hunted them but watched a heck of a lot movies about 'em! Wear good camo, and really good scent cover...those things have incredible noses!!!
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    are u hunting on that farm that always advertises an ad in hunting mags?

Pinky-what are we going to do today brain?

Brain-the same thing we try to do everyday...try and take over the world!