In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hunting shows on tv

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
What do you guys think of the hunting show that are on television?

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Some are alright, but some suck. To much drama, to fake acting. I like watching Ted's video's though, but I doubt the would be allowed to air on tv.
    I hate the ones that show a think racked 8 pointer coming down a trail, then show them shoot, then show them with this monster 12 pointer laying dead along the field...was it rode kill or who shot the big one is always my question....
    Oh and I like how some of those shows can talk or move around until the deer or especially the elk get within shooting range.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    Some are alright, but some suck. To much drama, to fake acting. I like watching Ted's video's though, but I doubt the would be allowed to air on tv.
    I hate the ones that show a think racked 8 pointer coming down a trail, then show them shoot, then show them with this monster 12 pointer laying dead along the field...was it rode kill or who shot the big one is always my question....
    Oh and I like how some of those shows can talk or move around until the deer or especially the elk get within shooting range.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    [:(]Thats what made me bring up the topic, I agree with you. they only seem like one big sales ad to me.They do not represent the average hunter who has limited resources. Yea we all have 20,000 acres of private land with biologic food plots.[V] I wish some shows would come on that follow an average hunters quest for a deer. although it would most likely be so boring noone would watch it? It's become like the fake wrestleing shows. OOOOOOH there he is!!! nice and clean no blood no ruffled hair ? I don't know about you guys but all my deer look pretty messed up when I find them?[xx(][xx(]
    edited November -1
    That's why I like Ted Nugents videos. They are kinda exspensive
    but I think you can rent them at some video stores. He hunts
    does, shoots spikes, whatever he feels like killin & grillin [:D]
    The one he is in Africa hunting a waterhole and they haven't seen
    anything except these Apes all day long. The apes are like
    groundhogs around here, no limit. So he starts arrowing them from his blind. It's pretty cool to watch.

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Most shows do bore me, also. They just seem so canned it is pathetic. I could really give 2 shiits about some chick sitting in a 25 foot high heated condominium, with a $4,000 rifle, and some dork whispering sweet nothings to her as they watch 20+ does walk by. Then out comes the monster buck. What a freakin suprise!!! I'd bet money that he eats at the same feeder every evening. They shoot that poor bass terd as he's looking to find where in the hell they put the feeder. Sorry Mr. Buck, they've grown you to be a big antlered SOB. They've fed you for so long you're tame. And now, that beeeotch up in that tower over there is going to shoot you at about 75 yards with a 7mm mag.

Not sporting=Not fun to watch

Ben
  • MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Amen fo that Ben! Almost fell out of chair laughing when I read your post[:D]
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like all of the fitzgerald videos those guys are pretty good, the only thing I don't like is the fact they shoot instintive.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Most shows do bore me, also. They just seem so canned it is pathetic. I could really give 2 shiits about some chick sitting in a 25 foot high heated condominium, with a $4,000 rifle, and some dork whispering sweet nothings to her as they watch 20+ does walk by. Then out comes the monster buck. What a freakin suprise!!! I'd bet money that he eats at the same feeder every evening. They shoot that poor bass terd as he's looking to find where in the hell they put the feeder. Sorry Mr. Buck, they've grown you to be a big antlered SOB. They've fed you for so long you're tame. And now, that beeeotch up in that tower over there is going to shoot you at about 75 yards with a 7mm mag. [;)]Ben that is the best reply I have heard yet. laughed my * off. But the sad part is your right on the money. I like when their sitting in the stand and ohhhh it's a buck good buck heee's a shooooter. I used to like the old fitzgerald videos like goglen but even he has sucome to the almighty $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.IF HUNTING WAS LIKE THE VIDEOS' NONE OF US WOULD BE DOING IT, BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO BE RICH ENOUGH TO BUY A DEER INSTEAD OF HUNTING HIM OR HER.I HAVE HAD MY FILL OF THE TV SHOWS AND VIDEO's, I THINK I WILL JUST TAKE MY CAMERA AND WATCH MINE AND TRADE VIDEO WITH OTHER HUNTERS AT LEAST IT'S REAL.[:(!][:(!]

Not sporting=Not fun to watch

Ben
    edited November -1
    I know a guy who raises deer. Two or three years ago he had a buck, named Buckey!!![:D], he advertised it for sale in some deer magazine because it had matured to like a 170 class deer I believe he said.
    Anyway some hunting farm in Alabama bought it from him for
    $12000 and the guy told him they would haul it to AL overnight then the next morning it would be shot by one of their clients once he went out for his morning hunt.
    Now how sporty is that? I found it hard to beleive a whitetail hunt would cost someone over 12 grand.

• dennisjohnsondennisjohnson Member Posts: 471 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    AMEN BEN!

dennis
  • gonecribbingonecribbin Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think most of them are filmed on game preserves.... But I'd still trade them jobs anytime.... What a way to make a livin!!
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Preach on brother ben, couldn't agree more. I could make a video to if I wanted to 1. spend about 15 grand on a private hunting ranch, 2. have some guide tell me " no there are bigger deer than that, let this one pass". then as few have said out walks this big buck up to the feeder which is never on the camera, BANG I got my deer. 4. tell everyone how hard this was all the hours I put in tracking, stalking, cold nasty days just to kill this trophy. Kinda like fishin in a barrel.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
    edited November -1
    Me and some friends video taped a few different hunts aabout 3 or 4 years ago. The video had all the hush wispers about "there he comes" "He's a shooter" and blah blah blah. We killed a spike, a doe, and a 4 point with only one side of his rack. The spike was taken at 145 yards, in the right eye, with a 50 cal knight by yours truely. [:D] It was hilarious to watch and listen to us. Plus it was fun cause you weren't sitting alone in the tree all morning. My brother borrowed the tape last year to show some friends and his wife tapped soaps over it!!!! [}:)][}:)][}:)]

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My daughter taped a few times for me last year, she thought it was a blast. She got to tape me shooting a doe and a 6 pointer, but when it got cold she wanted no part of hunting[:D]. She was tickled pieces because the doe I shot was from a tree she had picked for me to hunt from.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
    edited November -1
    I want to tape a hunt this year with my buddies. I think that would be a good memory to memorex.

ben
    edited November -1
    I want to tape a hunt this year with my buddies. I think that would be a good memory to memorex.

ben
    Hey ben, when hunting in Illinois a few of the guy's put a mounted head in the brush like a deer was bedded down. I did not not know at the time they did this. they came running up to me it was pouring rain 40 mph winds. so I decide to try and stalk the bedded deer[}:)]Little did I know they were filming me laughing their A$$es off. after about 1/2 an hou I got close enough to see it was a just a head. Gave them all the universal sign. But we watched that film after with all the hunters in camp it was so funny they busted my balls so bad' but my point is it got more reaction than the gaf shows that are on tv everyone enjoyed it. EXCEPT ME[:I][:I]
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D]That's hillarious buckey. Someday I will use that. I bet the look on your face was priceless. You must really have some good friends.

Ben
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D]That's hillarious buckey. Someday I will use that. I bet the look on your face was priceless. You must really have some good friends.

Ben
    I'll bet your right it was. Thought I was doing so good on the stalk too. How humbleing great joke, they got me hook line and sinker. later on they told me they really was hoping I would have drilled and arrow into it that would have killed them.[:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    haha...if you'd been rifle hunting and threw one through his neck that would have been funny. Especially the 2nd and 3rd shot. "Why isn't he running?" "I don't know, Keep SHooting!"

Yeah I'd pay money to see that.

Ben