In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Age of participants in Target Archery competition

mowartmowart Member Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
My youngest boy, while in college, did well with archery. One year he ranked nationally #3 in Men's Collegian Compound Bow. He even went to a week of that Olympic training camp.

He's in his 30s now and working on a career and family. He claims he could get back into national competition even in his 40s or older. Is this done? Thanks.

Comments

• Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really have no clue but I don't see where age in archery would be a hinderance. If anything I think it could help with concentration and that mental edge. Just my thoughts.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Daves Barnsdale ring a bell?
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't see where age would be a factor, i've known guys in their 30's that still can't shoot worth a crap. As long as the skills were already there it shouldn't be a problem. On that note the guy who runs our local shop is in his 60's and still shoots the eyes out of the targets.
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    dont think would make a difference......i've seen a 16 year old outshoot people from the age 10 to the age 55.but he has the best junior shooter in the nation......and he's from wisconsin.........and he works at the shop were i got my bow.