In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Tuning a bow

ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
When I walk up to the target to pull my aroows out they are all in the target like they flew in from the left in trying to tune it out of this I moved the rest to the left about a 1/16" and that helped it a lot

My question is how critical is it to paper tune a bow and why do my feild points never fly like my broadheads?

Comments

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you can't get your BH to shoot like FPs, then tune for your BHs and hunt. Then after season set back to FPs for the rest of the year. Or take it to someone who can do a good tuning job. I have always shot all BHs spot on with my FPs.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Fixed blade BHs tend to "plane".
  • ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    Well I took it to an archery shop and they tuned it

I bought new broadheads and they do shoot right with my feild points
    the guy at the shop said that the BH's I was shooting (NAP crossfire's) are bad about not flying straight and at least with my bow they didn't

I bought Steelforce Phat Heads they shoot great with my setup[8D]
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only fixed blades I have ever had luck at even coming close to fps are the muzzy 3 blade 100 grain. I use expandables now, no problems there. I shot one a few times right on with my fps at 30 yards, good enough for me[^]
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A.Gun
    The only fixed blades I have ever had luck at even coming close to fps are the muzzy 3 blade 100 grain. I use expandables now, no problems there. I shot one a few times right on with my fps at 30 yards, good enough for me[^]

That's what I use AG, and they shoot very close.