In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Turkey bow shot?

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, I was wondering what everyone thinks is better to conserve meat on a turkey. Should I use a shotgun, or a crossbow??? [?]

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    http://www.arrow-dynamic-solutions.com/VIDEO PAGE.htm

if you can do that with an arrow

Pinky-what are we going to do today brain?

Brain-the same thing we try to do everyday...try and take over the world!
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Use a slingshot, more of a challenge.[:D] As for that video, dayumm that was some good shootin.

Only the strong survive!!!!!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    My home computer is to slow, I can't watch the video. I'll have to check it out tomorrow at work.

** Cool video clip!!

A.Gun, have you got any turkeys so far? If you have a few to your name go try with your bow. It's tuff, but worth it.
    If you haven't shot many turkeys then I'd stay with a shotgun just so you don't get discouraged.
    Oh yeah, conserve meat........If you figure up every penny you spend to shoot a turkey then your best off to go to the grocery store instead. BUT I'll be out next Saturday. [:p]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • FletchMasterFletchMaster Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    3 gobblers in three days using the wasp boss bullets right dead in the boiler room and no lost meat.

notice how the gulotines blades break off after the bird is hit these are a one time shot

the 3 birds I took was shot with the same arrow and broadhead and still just like new!

Good Better Best, Never Let It Rest until youre Good Is Better and Youre Better Is Best!
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Suspension I just killed my first turkey yesterday morning, it was a 20 pound Tom. Yeah I do think i'm gonna stick with the boom stick for now but maybe next year I'll try a bow!
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Picture of A.Gun with his first Turkey bagged with his new Rem.870 12 Ga. First morning of the Ohio Youth only "Gobbler Hunt".

Only took him a half an hour.We spotted six birds in a field the evening before and seen one a struttin so we returnd to that same place at first light and set up.He called a little and soon they appeared at 20 yards just like we had planned.
    Image31_Turkey_AJ.jpg

Image29_Turkey_AJ.jpg

1-Powder

2-Patch

3-Ball

4-Remove the Rod

5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
    edited November -1
    how old are u? I didnt get my first turkey till about 16

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Congrats A.Gun!

Good for you, and thanks to grandpa for the pics.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    That's a fine Gobbler. Congrats, A.Gun. [:D][:D][:D]

www.RightFieldSucks.com
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am 15, won't be 16 till November...so I plan on Turkey hunting every spring for the rest of my life[:)]
    edited November -1
    haha good answer