In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bow equipment from the sportsmans guide

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
Any of you purchase any equipment through the sportsman's guide magazine or website? I have bought camping stuff through there, but never any hunting equipment. I wonder if it's really cheap and junky stuff?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I never have; however, judging by the other purchases I have made from them I have concluded that you get what you pay for. I will say that occasionally they get high-quality, name-brand items for cheap. Their mil-surplus items are always a good deal also. But, the majority of their items are inexpensive for a reason.

Ben
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    What I was thinking about getting was one of their $100 latter stands. Something cheap I can leave in the woods the entire season and feel safe enough in to take a nice afternoon nap in...[:D]
    I haven't had a stand stolen yet, but have had a couple partially down and I doubt the squirrels did it[:p]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    You'd be safe doing that.
    Ben
  • hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Suspension, I purchased 3 pair of hunting boots for me and my two sons. I bought a pair of Rocky's for me and my oldest son and a pair of Wolverines for my youngest son. The Rocky's did not come in his size. We have used them for 2 years now , this will be the 3rd season. Both of my son's are in school so they do not hunt as much as they would like to. Believe me it is a chore to keep them from not going to school to go hunting. I have wore my Rocky's just about everyday during hunting season. I have waded streams, stood in water most of the day, been covered with mud from draging deer, socked while hunting in the rain, but my feet never have gotten wet. I do not know about the rest of there gear but the boot I have bought do what they are suppose to do. And the do keep my feet warm on thoes cold days sitting in a tree stand all day. I am happy with my purchase. I also have friends that have bought scopes from them and they have no complants either.

Hornet
  • mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have made many purchases from them, their stuff is always exactly as they are advertised. The only problem I ever have had is that the wolverine snake boots I bought had the soles fall off about three years after I bought them. I emailed Wolverine, they sent me 25 bucks to have new sole put on, I still wear the boots.

muss
  • mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have made many purchases from them, their stuff is always exactly as they are advertised. The only problem I ever have had is that the wolverine snake boots I bought had the soles fall off about three years after I bought them. I emailed Wolverine, they sent me 25 bucks to have new sole put on, I still wear the boots.

muss
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    The soles came off three years after you bought them and they
    still gave you $25? That's pretty darn good if you ask me. I
    normally have to replace my boots after two years because the leather is torn to shreads, but I rabbit hunt a good bit so that tears them up.
    I have two pairs of boots that have been through you know what and back. (1) Red wing loggers, these things must be close to ten years old, have had countless souls put on them and been resewn a time or two, wore them just last weekend. (2) Golden Retrievers, their probably 5 years old, but this year will be close to their end, it's starting to show some serious wear, but they have been a great boot.
    I stopped buying Rockies when they moved their mfg from Ohio to China or wherever they went to. [}:)] don't like that, I used to make trips to the factory in search of cheap 2nd's they always had.

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As long as the ladder stands have the weight limit you are looking for I see nothing bad about their stands. I went to get a ladder stand a few years ago at Dicks sporting goods and they had the wrong weight limit in their add. So I endend up getting another lock on instead.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!