In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Archery Golf

PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
Here in central Wisconsin we have a 18 hole archery golf course. It's been around for many many years, rumor has it that Fred Bear and Ben Pearson have played this course. Does anybody know of any other courses like this in the country.

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    is that like haveing a target to shoot at every hole

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    More Ovalteen! [:I] I mean could you give us a little more description of the course and how it operates. Could be no more than a 3-D range with 18 targets.

welcome aboard!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    More detail please. Sounds interesting.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    GOLF [xx(]

its all about pucks and bucks
  • PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's set up like a regular golf course, holes range from 125 yards to 350 yards at the end is a 6 inch ball on a metal ring 6to8 inches off the ground. When you tee off you just aim high and let er fly amazing how far an arrow will go, then you may have to lob a shot or two to get in a comfortable shot range. That 6 inch ball looks real small at 25 yards, and if the ground is dry and you miss you might be 100 yards out again. The best part is it is open to the public except when they have events which is about 3 weekends a summer, all they ask is for a small donation to help with the upkeep.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Never heard of anything like that, sounds interresting though. I've passed deer up on a few 125 yard shots though so it might not be my cup of tea. [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    It is a good way to get out, shoot your bow, hang with friends and have a few adult beverages. Plus walking 18 holes is probably good for my fat a**.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    PSDF, Our Illini are playing your Wisconsin boys tonight....I think they're called Faries[:D]...I'm not sure...but anyway...I think it's going to be the game of the year. Damn, I think our boys would rather play a pro team than play Wisconsin at home. It should be a good one. Illini is undefeated for the season, and your Faries are undefeated for the past 39 games at home(just to inform the onlookers) We'll see what happens.

Ben
    edited November -1
    It is definatly going to be a good game, sure hope Wisconsin wins, sports wise we haven't had much to cheer about lately.
    May the best team win.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Well, I can't gloat. Those Wisconsin boys were excellent players. They played the whole first half, kept the pressure on and only got called on 2 fouls. The final score didn't do that game justice. You guys were within 3 points with about 1:30 minutes left. Then, you had a lay-up roll around and off: That was the turning point, because then they had to foul to stop the clock, and we made our free throws. What a close game. I'll tell you this: They made our players a better team.

Ben
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I watched that game it was pretty intense

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
    edited November -1
    We missed to many free throws, even Dicky V said it was going to hurt us baby. I can definatly see why you guys are ranked #1. Best damn game I've seen in a long time. Good luck with the rest of the season, your team is a force to be reckoned with.