In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

how did everyone do this season

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
We havnt had a final show of what you shot this year. I speant 850 on a new bow, 72 on a hunting liscense, prolly another hundred or 2 on stuff for hunting, and all I shot was 2 rabbits I think this year, o and a wounded deer that i never did find

My old man's backhand used to land,
Hard on the side of my head.
I just learned to stay out of his way.
There's been streetfights, blue lights,
Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
It just showed me how much I could take.
Hard times, bad luck.
Sometimes, life sucks.
That's all right, I'm ok.
It ain't nothin' but another day.

Comments

• daweimerdaweimer Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NOTHING TO BRAG ABOUT [:(] BUT I DID PUT MEAT IN THE FREEZER WITH THE BLACKPOWDER![^]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I ended up with 3 does with my bow, a nice 200lb dressed 8 pointer, and another doe during firearm season.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    A Tom Turkey last spring. That's all.But Crosshair tagged a large buck and Crosshair Jr. bagged a nice 7 pt. and A.Gun bagged a nice 4x0(half rack).But I still got some plenty of Jerky Meat and some Steaks since they always want to use my garage for butchering.Saw nothing except a chance at a couple does this year.Waited for a buck but he never came by.Did see one buck at 15 yards the last day of muzzleloading running like he was running for his life.Gone before I could even think of raising my rifle.[:(]

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two does and a coyote with bow, some pheasant and squirel with shotgun.

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    deer- 3 with my bow, 2 with shotgun.
    coyote- 1 rifle
    dove -17 shotgun
    rabbit -1 shotgun
    clay birds- to numerous to count
    block target - to numerous to count
    beers killed - to numerous to count, way to numerous to count or ..just don't remember.[;)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
  • BigEdBigEd Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two deer with bow. Confidence has come (short range).[8D]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Two does, a poop pot full of Pheasant and quail, a sick opossum, a gijillion black birds, and about 3.5million brain cells and counting.

Ben
  • Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    Bow: 1 Buck, 1 Grouse.

Shotgun: 2 Grouse.

The numbers look small but it was a great season!

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I'm in the boat with daweimer, got some meat in the freezer, but nothing to brag about.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • MaCTMaCT Member Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Average size WT and an Elk {2 bears in the spring}, all with a rifle as I just bought a bow last week {And so far I've only put 1 hole in the wall!}
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MaCT
    Average size WT and an Elk {2 bears in the spring}, all with a rifle as I just bought a bow last week {And so far I've only put 1 hole in the wall!}
    [:0]

That should keep you fed for a while.

Welcome aboard!
    edited November -1
    Update for today: Add another doe to my list. On Monday the 31st our season ends so I wasn't to picky today. [:D] I did see two bucks today, both small and both about 40 yards past my bow limits. [:D]

I believe I might grill some back straps tomorrow, even though it's snowing out now. [:p]
    edited November -1
    A drink to you Susp!!![:)] Congrats and I'll be over tommorrow for BACKSTRAPS!!![:D]
    edited November -1
    Come on over, there small but enough for us. Got em soaking in the fridge now. [:p]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    WAAAHHHOOO!!![:D][;)]

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Save me a piece I think I'm ehading out there Mon.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
    edited November -1
    To pick up that expedition like you were talking about? I can't find that old topic where I searched out Avon Lake compared to where I am, I think it was 2 hours away or something like that.

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    nice shooting sus, I could have added a turkey today one walked down my driveway

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • MaCTMaCT Member Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ttiwwp.gif

Elk
    ELK2004.jpg

WT-I have a better pic that wasn't taken with a camera phone. Forgot the camera and took another back at the shop but it's a little bloody and didn't want to offend.
    Deer.bmp

2nd Bear
    bear1.jpg

What he looks like now
    P1010036.jpg
    Can't seem to find any pics of the first bear. Love seeing pics of other animals as it helps feed my addiction until next season, so if you got em post em![:D]
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    With a bow, a hAlf dozen woodchuck.
    With rifle, a buck and a doe.
    Shotgun-a mess of squirrels.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought I was shooting a doe. It turned out to be a button buck. I couldn't get any "real bucks" to come within range of my arrow due to the fact that they were coming from high ground and they would be at eye level with my position in my tree before they were within range. I know. Excuses Excuses. That tree was AWESOME the year before during the early muzzleloader season.

Live and learn. I won't post any picks of my button buck. It isn't worth the bandwidth but it sure is good freezer fare.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Fist year in about 10 years. Strike (3) I passed on a few early season, "lets just say I learned my lesson." Actually I was pretty happy for my Brother he never shot a nice buck with the bow till this year 10pt 290 lbs beautiful deer.
  • hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Terrible hunting season down South this year. The weather could not make up it's mind to be cold or hot. Most of the entire hunting season we hunted in shirtsleves. We may have had 10 days of cold weather in the 30's or less. Remember we are talking about the deep souh guys, 40 degrees is cold here.
    I did take a nice black bear with my bow in Saskatchewan Canada this past spring. Two rams on an exotic hunt in Texas also with my bow. A big fat 0 on white tail deer this year, never even got close to a shot. One respectable 7 point with my rifle, and my oldest son took a nice 8 point on our land also with his rifle. We have meet in the freezer and we spent plenty of time in the field. I spent most of the season chasing a huge 6 point that never seemed to come out during the day. I have a dozen pictures of him to look at until next year. Motion cameras are nice toys to play with.

Hornet
    edited November -1
    Good to see ya back hornet. Would be nice to see those pictures. hint hint [:)]
  • mansonmanson Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got 1 doe with a bow 1 doe with a shotgun 1 8point buck with a shotgun and 1 doe with the blackpowder. and my dad got 1 doe with a shotgun and 1 with a bow and my friend john got 2 does 1 with bow 1 with shotgun and my friend jim got a 14point 210lbs dressed buck with a shotgun.
    -m@ns0n