In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

BEAR/WHITETAIL?

DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
I HAVE TWO OLDER BEAR "WHITETAIL HUNTER" COMPOUND BOWS,BOTH IN NEED OF NEW CABLES,STRINGS. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THEM? MY LOCAL SPORTING GOODS STORE LOOKED AT ME AS IF I WAS SPEAKING SWAHEELI!

Comments

• sealyonsealyon Member Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try Jay's Sporting Goods in Clare Mi. Don't have the number handy. I may have a second option if they can't help. You can also contact Bear Archery in Fla. let us know what you find out
  • sealyonsealyon Member Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where are you located. May be able to find somone closer. I'm sure your local shop told you these bows were dinosaurs. Won't be a top of the line bow when there redone

gool luck
    Carl
  • ZipZip Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not at the shop right now. I think I might be able to help you.
    Email me at hilkemeyer@earthlink.net.....[8]
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WOW!!!! This was my very first post over here....Long time ago!....Oh, I did find strings...[8D]
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dirty rat

do you need to know the info for them or do you already have it and just need strings and cables made? There are so many string makers out there that getting strings won't be the problem. If they are steel cables, you will have a problem finding someone that makes them.

If you give lancaster archery a call am and sure they could get them for you.

www.lancasterarchery.com

if they can't

then someone on www.archerytalk.com will either make them for you or will know someone who does.
    edited November -1
    BTW, those aren't bad bows for their age, mine treated me pretty well, hopefully Dave's son is having a blast with it now.
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks shoff,
    I actually found a shop that got me one last year and I ended up finding a "Lefty" at a flea-market that had a good cable on it. So, I own 3 of them now and the kids are slowly getting into it so I'm hoping they'll get some use this summer. I got the first one at 14, I'm 43 now and it still shoots fine for its age...And so do I[:0]I think!?!

Thanks again,
    edited November -1
    damn, I didn't even see the date......