In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

field sobriety test

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
whos taken one and passed it. I passed one last night with flying colors on I-90 westbound. I didnt even have to walk the line, I didnt have to get that far because I was so sober. God dang scary though they are

Comments

• DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    good to hear you are staying sober......i...guess....?
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I failed one once,Then they took me in for the breath-alyzer[:(]....You can guess the rest....
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Headzilla
    The only ones I have taken were in practice for friends who were training to do them. Lots of fun to get wasted and take them when there is no danger of going to jail.
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have the right to remain silent...[:D]

I'm going through training for my sheriff's dept. right now to become a reserve deputy until I'm hired full time. I've done a few on people but not very many. Why were you pulled over to begin with? (I assume you were driving and were pulled over, but correct me if I'm wrong) What tests did he have you do? We do three, I won't bore you with the actual name of the first one but we look at the eyes for "bounce", the "walk and turn" and finally the one leg stand. I'd be curious to know what one you had to do. Thanks, and glad you were okay, but I assume that since you were worried, you had had a few?[?] BECAREFULL! I'd really hate to lose on of the FourHoytsmen because of something like that... (having one convert to a Mathews isn't even THAT bad)[:D]
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Slash I had a 2 beers with dinner and few more while watching the game. I just started some anti-biotics so I was worried what they would do to me so I was the DD. I stopped drinking 2 hours before the trip home so I knew I was alright but that little devil on your shoulder scares the crap out of you sometimes.

Lets see I got pulled over for going 60 in a 55 on a exit ramp at 3:30 in the morning the cops were bored is my excuse for being pulled over. The test they had me do involved me following a pen with a light on it with my eyes. they said I was good to go after that. When you give someone this test slash what are they looking for, and one other thing if the person has contacts in dont make them wrap their eyes way around. I almost blinked mine out because of that and that would have been real bad
    edited November -1
    That test is called the "horizontal gaze nystagmus." It's an involuntary bounce or flutter of the eyes. Out of all the test, this one is almost impossible to fake your way through and is also the most accurate. There are a few things that they were looking for. What's called smooth pursuit of your eyes. Are they tracking smoothly and together? The next thing they look for is nystagmus at maximum deviation. (this is when you are looking as far left and right as you possibly can. I surprised he didn't ask you about contacts but that's the way we are taught to do this test and the nystagmus is most visible at max deviation.) The final thing they look for is "onset of nystagmus prior to 45 degrees". (You really need to be trashed for this) He'll hold the (in this case) light about even with your shoulder and look for the bounce. Let me know if you have any other questions![:D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    That test is called the "horizontal gaze nystagmus." It's an involuntary bounce or flutter of the eyes. Out of all the test, this one is almost impossible to fake your way through and is also the most accurate. There are a few things that they were looking for. What's called smooth pursuit of your eyes. Are they tracking smoothly and together? The next thing they look for is nystagmus at maximum deviation. (this is when you are looking as far left and right as you possibly can. I surprised he didn't ask you about contacts but that's the way we are taught to do this test and the nystagmus is most visible at max deviation.) The final thing they look for is "onset of nystagmus prior to 45 degrees". (You really need to be trashed for this) He'll hold the (in this case) light about even with your shoulder and look for the bounce. Let me know if you have any other questions![:D]

I could have failed that test (or any test for that matter)at any time this weekend. [:D]
    But I wasn't drivin anywhere. Tucked in the woods around the camp fire is where I was stayin.[:D]

Oh and we didn't see any boobs or have the cops called on us this time.[;)]
    edited November -1
    thanks slash that was very good. i see now why the cop kept going so far into my periferial vision. He did ask me if I had contacts after the test. I told him I did and that i couldnt look much farther left or right with out loosing them. he said he was sorry and that he was a new trooper. I was just happy not to get a speeding ticket

Bang no boobies or cops called thats not a good party then even I saw some boobies fat ugly boobies but boobies
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97
    thanks slash that was very good. i see now why the cop kept going so far into my periferial vision. He did ask me if I had contacts after the test. I told him I did and that i couldnt look much farther left or right with out loosing them. he said he was sorry and that he was a new trooper. I was just happy not to get a speeding ticket

Bang no boobies or cops called thats not a good party then even I saw some boobies fat ugly boobies but boobies[xx(][xx(] fAT UGLY BOOBIES DON'T COUNT....[;)]
    edited November -1
    I say boobs are boobs, ain't no 2 alike and if there is I want to see them too.[:D]

Like a woman in a shoe store" get'em out here I wanna see every pair of them som beaches."
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I took one once. I passed. How the hell I did, I have no idea...but, I did.[8D]

Ben
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Failed![B)][B)][xx(][V]
    edited November -1
    quote:ENOS29 Posted - 03/27/2006 : 8:14:34 PM
    Failed!

BAD ENOS!!![}:)]
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only took one and failed but that was 5 years ago.
    edited November -1
    quote:gogolen Posted - 03/28/2006 : 07:26:58 AM
    Only took one and failed but that was 5 years ago.

BAD GOGO!!![}:)][:D]

Anyone else need a scolding[?][}:)][:D][:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    never been busted with a dui but the good lord knows i have been lucky
    edited November -1
    I've failed a few...........[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18

yeah, and you'll have taco reaching through your window tonight to drag you outside and show you what prison life is going to be like for you.

Ben
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never had 1.Don't drink Not worth it to Me.[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill
    Never had 1.Don't drink Not worth it to Me.[;)]
    sure.......
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

yeah, and you'll have taco reaching through your window tonight to drag you outside and show you what prison life is going to be like for you.

Ben

Thanks alot bro, you were supposed to keep my prison life a secret.[:D]
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1

You are not even old enough to drive.....
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl

You are not even old enough to drive.....
    lol. soo.........i still like to boozer.gif.....[:D][:p](i was kidding)
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:BAD ENOS!!! That was Almost 14 years ago!
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I passed one a long time ago.The LEO said I was good enough to drive
    home. After searching my truck and puttting me through the paces.I was border line htough.[:o)]
    edited November -1
    I did three years in a state prison. 1 year in max and 2 years in super-max! If you ever watch the Discovery channel or TLC, they sometimes show it on there.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did three years in a state prison. 1 year in max and 2 years in super-max! If you ever watch the Discovery channel or TLC, they sometimes show it on there.

and your going to be an LEO in indiana? rofl [:p]
    edited November -1
    Never said which side of the fence I was on![;)] Just for the "OFFICIAL" Gun Broker record... (tap, tap, this thing on?) I WORKED, yes worked, for the DOC for three years in max and super max. I was a member of the "emergeny squad" or riot control teams. Kind of like special forces for the prison. I was also a firearms instructor for the state. The next step for most of the guys in super max is death row. I could tell stories that would probably get me banned for life from here. I saw/helped beat up a guy over the murder of his pet grasshopper![:D] I stood between two groups of guys that were getting ready to have a riot in my general population cell house to keep them from going off. (it worked) I saw a buddy take an ink pen to the face during a cell extraction. I had my face scratched pretty good during a cell extraction when the bad guy got his hand under my face mask. I guess that's part of why I have such a good humor now! I've been called just about every name under the sun and then some. So, now that out in the open, I'd be happy to answer any questions about prison if you have any. WOW< This thread is now really hijacked!!!![:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    Never said which side of the fence I was on![;)] Just for the "OFFICIAL" Gun Broker record... (tap, tap, this thing on?) I WORKED, yes worked, for the DOC for three years in max and super max. I was a member of the "emergeny squad" or riot control teams. Kind of like special forces for the prison. I was also a firearms instructor for the state. The next step for most of the guys in super max is death row. I could tell stories that would probably get me banned for life from here. I saw/helped beat up a guy over the murder of his pet grasshopper![:D] I stood between two groups of guys that were getting ready to have a riot in my general population cell house to keep them from going off. (it worked) I saw a buddy take an ink pen to the face during a cell extraction. I had my face scratched pretty good during a cell extraction when the bad guy got his hand under my face mask. I guess that's part of why I have such a good humor now! I've been called just about every name under the sun and then some. So, now that out in the open, I'd be happy to answer any questions about prison if you have any. WOW< This thread is now really hijacked!!!![:D][:D][:D]

did you ever drop the soap.....intentionally?
    edited November -1
    I didn't but I saw it happen![:I] and no! I never watched![xx(][xx(][xx(]
    edited November -1

I'd get out the garden/fire hose, and break 'em up.

Ben
    edited November -1

Ben

Yep and use cold, cold water cause you know.........well most of us guys know what cold water can do.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

Ben

Yep and use cold, cold water cause you know.........well most of us guys know what cold water can do.

Yep, I'd take away hot water priveledges for a 3 weeks each time I saw somebody doing it in the shower.

Ben
    edited November -1
    wow I love when topics go from duis to dropping the soap
    edited November -1
    quote:fishermanben Posted - 03/29/2006 : 10:28:23 AM

quote:
    Originally posted by bang250

quote:
    Originally posted by fishermanben

quote:
    Originally posted by Slash0311

I didn't but I saw it happen! and no! I never watched!

Ben

Yep, I'd take away hot water priveledges for a 3 weeks each time I saw somebody doing it in the shower.

Ben

Why not just slip salt peter in their food?
    edited November -1
    Every now and then there was a little more than salt peter put in their food![xx(][xx(][xx(]
    edited November -1
    Every now and then there was a little more than salt peter put in their food![xx(][xx(][xx(]

you just blatantly hijacked my hijack,

EXCALIBER!!! Slash isn't playing fair!!! EXCALIBER!!! dammit...I love our moderator.

Ben
    edited November -1
    Well re-hijack it then Ben, you are the supreme hijacker round these parts [;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    you are the supreme hijacker round these parts [;)]

Shucks...do you really think so?[;)]

Ben