In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Effects of wind on arrows.

phideaux4886phideaux4886 Member Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
Should I expect the same conditions with wind from arrow to bullet or are the changes different?
I am just curious as to the changes in trajectory wind will have on arrow shot placement.
Thanks,
DSM

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    wind can effect your arrow flight. I'd say a 35mph crosswind would probably blow your arrow 6-8 inches at 40 yards. a 15-20mph gust isn't quite as noticable, but still destoys my groups. I wouldn't try to dope for it; however, if it's that windy, the deer probably won't be moving much anyway.

Ben
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are putting this to a hunting situation. I don't go hunting if the wind is higher then 15-20 miles an hour. For some reason the dear do not move in the wind. There is so much noise in the woods its crazy. So I believe they can't hear or rather determine what is making the noise so they decide not to move about when its windy.