In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ADDABOY To Shel From Pro String Archery!

FletchMasterFletchMaster Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
Well I have to say that Shel makes one Quality set of strings!

shel made a set of strings for my Newberry B1 and when I recieved the strings my first impression was WOW! these are some really good looking Strings!
the dual colors matched the camo of my bow and the servings even have a camo effect with the green and gold serving thread.

Shel even placed piece of serving thread between the strands to make it easier to seperate the string for peep installation, as I was matching the nocking and peep locations aginst my old string (which makes everything a little faster and easier for me)
the piece of serving thread was located exactly where my peep needed to be, I dont know if that is coincidence or if shel is just that good but it was dead nuts on the money!
Shel even pre twisted the string to the exact length of my string specs.

I shot the bow about 7 times before twisting the string to get the peep aligned and fine tuned and once I set it I shot it a few more times to get it just right.
I have now shot the bow about 50 times now and have had absolutley no peep rotation or any stretch to either the string or cable and no creep on the servings either!

Now my bow is fast but with the new Pro strings it is exactly 10 FPS faster with the 8512 material.

from what I have seen thus far I am totally sold out on Pro strings and from now on that is all I will recommend to ALL of my customers.

Thanks Shel for Making such a great looking string and harness and quality to match!

Keep Up The GREAT Work!

Good Better Best, Never Let It Rest until youre Good Is Better and Youre Better Is Best!

Comments

• Options
    MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Myself I prefere Wolfden strings, they are prestreched at 325# for 12 hours.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    [?]Hey guy's I had a new string put on my mathews, but the peep is not alligned shot a bunch of shots. how do I go about twisting the string. do I put it in the press remove one end and simply twist it? Any hep you can give me would be greatly apprisiated. [^]Starting to hear more and more about the Newbery Bows, is it all they say it is and how much do the cost( ballpark) thanks in advance.[8D]

"DON'T BE BUFFLOADED BY EXPERTS AND ELITES. EXPERTS OFTEN POSSESS MORE DATA THAN JUDGEMENT. ELITES CAN BECOME SO INBRED THAT THEY PRODUCE HEMOPHILACS WHO BLEED TO DEATH AS SOON AS THEY ARE NICKED BY THE REAL WORLD."