In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

they lie to you...

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
People who tell you that the more and harder you hunt the more you get rewarded. Been hunting hard and haven't even had a shot at a shooter yet. But then again my uncle (crosshair) goes out for 5 min, didn't even have a facemask on yet and downed a decent 8 pointer with good main beams. He was sitting in the same exact spot my stand was in a month ago before I moved it to better coop with the deer movement into the field. I found a big scrape, I'm hunting it now until it gets unused.[:(!]

On a lighter note I will post some pics of the 8 pointer when he emails them to me...he was literally in his stand 3 min. and I chose NOT to hunt that afternoon, I was burnout and it was hot out.[B)]

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Stop whining and go hunt. [:D] [;)]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Stop whining and go hunt. [:D] [;)]
    +1 Sally[:D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:People who tell you that the more and harder you hunt the more you get rewarded.

They didn't lie to me, I have 2 doe down. [:D]

Pull your dress up and get busy. [;)]
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was like you for the first few years. I got a shot at a decent buck the first 15 minutes I ever dear hunted. I then became selective, Didn't shoot crap for 3 years. Finally, I told my self, if its brown its down. Man did that help. After the first one, you can relax and not out think yourself.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    I was like you for the first few years. I got a shot at a decent buck the first 15 minutes I ever dear hunted. I then became selective, Didn't shoot crap for 3 years. Finally, I told my self, if its brown its down. Man did that help. After the first one, you can relax and not out think yourself.

Exactly. I would hate to guess how many deer I've shot. Some nice wallhangers also. They were the first ones by that day though. With archery though, I used to let the little ones go by but, I got tired of eating tag soup. That doesn't fill the freezer. I know that last year I let a 5 pt walk twice. The next weekend I was gonna shoot him but my hunting partner got him first. JUST SHOOT A. GUN. Let that arrrow fly.
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    haha im not crying, just hangin my head a little. I mean I'm never down hunting or not wanting to go but I have been getting burnt out when I sit all afternoon and see a doe...I haven't had a buck in range in two weeks....but friday Im gonna check some scrapes and move my stand, maybe make a ground blind near the edge of a field.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A.Gun
    haha im not crying, just hangin my head a little. I mean I'm never down hunting or not wanting to go but I have been getting burnt out when I sit all afternoon and see a doe...I haven't had a buck in range in two weeks....but friday Im gonna check some scrapes and move my stand, maybe make a ground blind near the edge of a field.
    good luck Buddy thats the spirit.[;)]
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the doe's are there... the bucks will come...
    Think before you move again....If your getting bored out there,take a book and read while you wait, time passes more quickly when your mind is occupied.
  • bigfoot_4bigfoot_4 Member Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's called hunting not killing. If it was as easy as climbing a tree and killing a good buck everybody and there brother would be out there. Sometimes it happens quick, but most times you put your time in on tagging a good buck. And in my eyes that is what separates bow hunters from gun gun hunters, They are willing to go the extra mile tagging a wall hanger.
    Hang in there and good luck
    Bigfoot [8D]
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Even if it WAS a good stand location, don't overhunt it. It will not get better when you overhunt it! I used to think that the law of averages would catch up with me and finally a deer would come by when I was on the super stand - but it does not work that way. Maybe it is like farming ... have fun and enjoy the hunt ... the "harvest" will come!
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hunting is a lot of luck being at the right place at the right time i have not taken a deer in 2 years now but thats due to me being unwilling to shoot does and little ones this yr will be better i hope