In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What release?

MillerMiller Member Posts: 175 ✭✭
The only shooting I've ever done with a bow is the recurve I have but now I've been given a compound and want to start shooting it. Never used a release before and just wanted some opinions of a good one. I've been told Scott makes good releases. They have one called the Mongoose that looked like it might be good. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Scott Caliper grip release, and relly like it. I have tried a couple of other releases and have came back to the Scott release both times. I have used mine so much the layerd that goes around your wrist has cut through the rubber grip. I drilled another hole in the rubber grip and started shooting.

Hornet
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a fletchhunter release there is nothing wrong with a grip release but I find that it is easier to torque the bow string with it. Look into the fletchhunter release my dad has been shooting his for 20+ years now very reliable and very strong.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Carter One-Shot. Their hunter releases are absolutely awesome. I've got a better trigger on my release than I have on almost all of my guns.

Ben
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a Carter One-Shot myself and really like it. Never had a malfunction with it.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!