In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bow Question

NebraskabowhunterNebraskabowhunter Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
Hi, I've been an avid hunter for around 8 yrs but just recently (last year) got into bowhunting with some help from a friend and now I'm hooked. I spent a moderate amount on my first bow last year the PSE Beast to see how I liked archery, but now I'm considering upgrading to a faster bow with less vibration.

My problem is I have no idea as to aftermarket value of the bow. I wanted to know if there was a way to look up it's serial number to find out what year the bow is so I could represent it honestly in an auction. Any help would be appreciated.

What I do know about the bow!

I purchased it last October brand new.
Model-PSE The Beast
Draw Length-29 in.
Peak Draw Weight-70

Any idea as to value would be great, it's still in like new condition with only a couple very very small scratches on the limbs. And I would be selling the bow only, everything else would be going to the new bow.

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I always estimate everything low because I'm cheap. [:)]

Maybe post a picture of it and everyone can input their opinions. Might even sell it here.

welcome aboard!!!

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are intersted in getting fair market on the bow, I suggest you put it up on EBAY-you will get what its worth, probably more.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • NebraskabowhunterNebraskabowhunter Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Okay guys heres a few pics that I just took, if someone could give me a estitmate of a price both with just the bow itself, and then a price of the bow with all the accessories that would be great. I am still unsure as to what bow manufacturer I am going to be going with, so I could sell the whole package at once if I don't buy another PSE...

f960300a.jpg.orig.jpg

f9603008.jpg.orig.jpg
    edited November -1
    Shoot, I can't remote link from this site to imagestation.com . Anyone know where I can host some pics to post here?
    edited November -1
    http://www.photobucket.com/

this is what I use

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    Try this one more time

103_0316.jpg

103_0315.jpg
    edited November -1
    They finally worked, thanks Suspension. Here it is most likely I'm planning on selling it the way it is setup with the quiver, sights, rest and stabilizer. So any thoughts as to a fair price would be great as I gave $395 for the setup last October...
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are a few on fleabay from brand new naked bows for $200.00 to one that is like yours with an overdraw, 17 arrows, soft case, and release, starting bid $255.00 and no bids as of yet. Bows seem to lose alot for some reason after they have been purchased new.

Only the strong survive!!!!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    There are a few on fleabay from brand new naked bows for $200.00 to one that is like yours with an overdraw, 17 arrows, soft case, and release, starting bid $255.00 and no bids as of yet. Bows seem to lose alot for some reason after they have been purchased new.

Wow. I figured $300 or $350 minumum before I even saw Nebraskabowhunter's pictures. They really go that cheap on ebay?
    I'd keep it or else try to trade up and give boot for a new bow.

edited November -1
    I'm watching that one on ebay that's at $255 currently, of course there is also 4 days left on the auction so I would guess it will end up around $325 by the time it's over. I might try to sell mine on ebay or if anyone is interested that see's this thread let me know. I doubt I would let it go below $300 so I might just end up with two bows. Thanks for your help guys...
    edited November -1
    Its a BEAST right? The archery shop has them "naked" for just under $200. I could be wrong, but I think you would be fortunate to get $200 for the whole thing(maybe a little more).
    Why do you want to sell it?

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    Yep it's a PSE Beast I purchased last October, I gave $243 for the bow, then $116.95 for the PSE kit (quiver, 3 pin fiber sights,rest and $40 for the strikewave stabilizer. Nothing is wrong with it, actually it's in perfect condition. But recently I shot a bowtech and I really liked it so I'm considering selling this one to help offset the cost of the new one.
  • grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep it as a back up, and buy the Bow Tech outright. My daughter just bought a new Bow Tech from a guy closing his shop at a great price. Be patient, last years new bows will drop in price, and you will be able to find a good deal. When trying to sell your old bow, you will loose too much money. Keep it if you can afford to.

Thanks, Grizztribefans@sssnet.com
    edited November -1
    That's good advice grizzclaw, actually I've been watching a few 03 bowtechs on ebay that are going for a pretty reasonable price considering what they paid for them new last year. And if I have to take a huge hit on my PSE I'll just keep it and have two bows. One of the bowtechs I'm looking at is to fast for the IBO 3D tournaments so it might be good to keep the PSE for those...Thanks
    edited November -1
    I think that is the way to go. The Beast is a good bow, and I think it is worth more than what you would get for it. Would make an excellent emergency bow.

-Jimmy the cheese man