In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

High Country Bows???

270 Deer Slayer270 Deer Slayer Member Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
A guy offered me a High Country 4 Runner, for $250 used. I think its a year old. He said he bought it new for $800. What do you guys think? Thanks

"A blood trail is life" (Ted Nugent)
turkey.gif

Comments

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's a 4 runner on fleabay for $200.00 opening bid. Guy says he paid $499.00 for it plus a 40 buck bisquit, a 50 dollar stabilizer and a wrist rest. If he paid 800 for it the thing must be loaded with goodies.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought my Carbon 4 runner new on e-bay for $500.00. The one I purchased was a special run of 500 bows with 75 pound limbs. These special run bows sell for much higher in archery shops, when you can find them. If the seller paid 8 bills for the bow I have to agree it had better be ready to hunt with. If he is letting you have it for $250.00 it is a good deal. I love mine and would not take 3 times that much for it. If you look at the past post"Hornets Bear" you will see me and my Carbon 4 Runner with my near Pope & Young Black Bear.

Hornet
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I have never shot a high country or knew anyone that owned one.
    I always liked the looks of them and they are usually rated
    well in magazines. Be sure the draw length is good for you
    before you buy.

PS: Good quote!!![:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • FletchMasterFletchMaster Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own 3 High country bows and they shoot AWESOME!
    I have the Max Xtreme aluminum the TSS Carbon And the Pref-X aluminum and all three are sweet shooting Bows.

Good Better Best, Never Let It Rest until youre Good Is Better and Youre Better Is Best!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    FletchMaster, welcome aboard

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent