In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What brand do you shoot?

FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
I know, I know, it's prob. been asked many times already, but since us new members are here, we'd like to know.
I was wondering if anyone knew enough about this stuff to set up a deal that keep track of how many shoot what brand or something....Anyway:
I Shoot a Pearson Pride and a McPherson Hornet VX

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    PSE Nova. It's slow; however, I get to see exactly where my arrow hits everytime.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Slow.....he. Kind of like the Cubs infield....(Sorry, I had to)
    edited November -1
    That's okay, after the Cardinal/Reds game last night, I figure you may need to say such untrue things to boost your esteem.

Ben

oh and FANNIN...

Do you know why the Cardinals can't use the internet?

They can't get 3 W's in a row

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Welcome FANNIN! I shoot a Mathews Q2. Enough talk about the hockey teams this isn't a sports forum.[:D][;)]

bang (who doesn't watch sports)
    Huntin' is the only sport[:0]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    hoyt ultra sport copper john sight whisker bisquit and a hoyt quiver and there is some other stuff on there

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is an archery forum? Damn I thought it was an art deco forum[:D] I shoot a Hoyt and yes you Mathews fans I DO hit what I aim at. Not much into 3-D unless it's movin towards me[:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • 47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Q2, which I got about 2 weeks ago, Easton Excel 340, whisher bisket, NAP Machincal 3 blades, don't know what sights other than "tru-Glo" type.
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mathews Outback
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    High Country Carbon 4-Runner
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a PSE polaris express left handed and a Pearson spoiler cam rt handed [:D]
    edited November -1
    What rock have you been hiding under, surekill? You may very well earn the title of the most infrequent poster on the GB forums.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Alpine Denali, Alpine 3DPro,Pearson Spoiler, Ben Pearson recurve 40# all at the same time I can't hit anything but it's impressive to watch. Just kidding about (all at the same time).[:o)]Can't hit any thing is another story here lately.[:(]

MLMorgan
  • hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    High Country Carbon 4 Runner, 75 pound limbs, special run bow only 500 made.

Hornet
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    What rock have you been hiding under, surekill? You may very well earn the title of the most infrequent poster on the GB forums.
    He is also bored Ben Just waiting for a topic that he is interested in. I thing we all owe the new members an apology for boring them. sorry newbies don't go mad just go[:0]
    Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Old Hoyt, Old sights, New Carbon Express Terminators, New Scott release...Works for me!...Still watching EEbay for a Hoyt Razor-Tech for the right price!

Ruric, NE OHIO,
  • shellyshelly Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think someone just traded in a hoyt the other day and 2 older mathews..We usually let the guys who by them from us trade up and give them some trade on their old bows..We try to take care of the people that take care of us.

shelly
    edited November -1
    quote:shelly Posted - 06/27/2005 : 11:08:04 PM
    I think someone just traded in a hoyt the other day and 2 older mathews..We usually let the guys who by them from us trade up and give them some trade on their old bows..We try to take care of the people that take care of us.

shelly

Thats cool and all, but what do you shoot?
    edited November -1
    Gogolen or Shelly. My understaning is that Mathews dealers can only sell Mathews. Talking about new bows. This seems to be true at least around here. What do ya know about this[?]
    edited November -1
    Nothing prevents a dealer at least in my state anyway from dealing in multiple manufacturers. The shop I purchased my bow from deals in Mathews, Martin, and that other bow company hoyt[xx(]. Come to think about it I have yet to be in a Mathews only environment. Every shop I have been to that sells Mathews also carries some other brand this holds true in IN, MI, IL, OH, and KY.
    edited November -1
    Thats interesting , because two dealers that deal Mathews one in Massachusetts and one in RI deal Mathews only. I'm gonna see what I can find out about that.[;)]
    edited November -1
    we can sell whatever brands we want to carry but certain lines are protected ( meaning they can not be sold over the internet etc sales must come thru the door ) I shoot a bowtech this year... a hoyt last year and depending what is made next year i might switch. Depends on what feels better to me . All of them are good quality made bows and everyone will have their own personal preference.

shelly
    edited November -1
    Shelly have you shot a Mathews[?] Do you like them[?]
    edited November -1
    whats not to like about mathews, they make great quality products that keep good resale value and they have great customer service when we have a problem with a bow.

shelly
    edited November -1
    Shelly I think somewhere you said you were shooting a bowtech. I was wondering how you would compare that to the mathews overall I know each model id different but two compatable models.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Shelly I think somewhere you said you were shooting a bowtech. I was wondering how you would compare that to the mathews overall I know each model id different but two compatable models.

Excellent question I have often wondered the same.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot a Hoyt Razor Tech with a whisker biscuit rest. Before I bought it, I also shot the Bowtech Tech 29 and wasn't impressed. I really liked the reduced felt recoil in the bowhand with the Hoyt. I hunt with several guys who shot everything from Matthews, PSE, and one guy does use a Bowtech (Mighty-mite?) We all shoot across a chrony and they all shoot close to the same speed with our hunting set-ups. (260-280 fps) In my opinion, just practice with whatever bow you plan on using so that you can hit with it and feels good to you. (That aside, I just couldn't bring myself to buy a Matthews, they seem okay but I don't like them because it seems like EVERYONE else does.)

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
    edited November -1
    welcome Slash. Did I read your post correctly you don't like Mathews because everyone does like Mathews[?] Tell me your Joking[:o)] or I miss read your quote. IF not Im'a gonna hava soma fun with uen's.[:D][;)]
    edited November -1
    Nope, Buckeyboy, you read it right. I just have never been one to jump on a bandwagon. It's the same reason I don't like Jeff Gordon in NASCAR. Kind of a "pretty-boy" syndrome. Granted, Matthews has a long line of backers and trophies and such, but I just don't think that they are what they are cracked up to be. I figured I would get someone's attention with this posting![8D]

edited November -1
    The bandwagon is what makes resale so good! [:D][;)]
    One of the many reasons for my purchase. I know I can get some decent money back when it is time.

edited November -1
    Ok you can say you don't want a Mathews because everone else has one you cannot say however that Mathews is not one of the best if not the best bows produces. and shooting a hoyt is not band wagon almost the same price as mathews only not as good.[B)][B)]and that other comment you don't like Jeff Gordon because he's pretty and your ugly.[:0] What the hell does that have to do with his driving capabilities[?][B)][B)][:0]
    edited November -1
    Buckey thinks Jeff Gordon is pretty.[:X] Buckey, you should be more careful. You might be making Susp insecure.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    Buckey thinks Jeff Gordon is pretty.[:X] Buckey, you should be more careful. You might be making Susp insecure.[:D] Hey man I was just repeating what the new guy said. I still love susp[:X][:D][:D][:D]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    [}:)]GOGOLEN ATTACK[}:)]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Buckey thinks Jeff Gordon is pretty.[:X] Buckey, you should be more careful. You might be making Susp insecure.[:D] Hey man I was just repeating what the new guy said. I still love susp[:X][:D][:D][:D]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!

homo[:D][:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
    edited November -1
    [:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    Hey Buckeyboy, can you define "BEST?" [:o)] Just because a lot of people use them doesn't make them the "BEST."[B)] Granted they have a large following, but I am just not convinced that they are as good as they are made to be. And as a side note, I really don't care for the eye appeal of them. Besides, it's the shooter that makes the bow, not the bow that makes the shooter. [8D]

edited November -1
    where have you been under a rock?[B)] read around do some research[:o)] . Mathews is one of the best fit and finish bows machined to the tightest tolerances in the industry[:0] with more new inovations than any other bow. dont get me wrong if you like hoyt shoot it but mathews is a quality bow. there is no arguement unless your an idiot. I hope not cause I like the name slash[;)]
    edited November -1
    Get'em buckey![:D] *stir* I think I heard'm say something bad about the arrows you shoot too.[;)]

edited November -1
    Well, some may consider southern Indiana "under a rock" but not me.[:D] Fit and finish may help the appearence and tighter tolerances can improve some aspects, but that still doesn't define "BEST" or how about the defination of another word you used "QUALITY?"[B)]

Okay, I may be a little crazy but not an idiot, so I'll drop the argument for now. It's all a personal opionion anyway. Thanks for the compliment on the name. I got it, abouy 20 years ago (damn, long time ago) from a hunting accident. Deer wasn't dead and fought back, hit my hunting buddy and I got 40 stitches in my cheek by the knife he was holding. OUCH!!![:I]