In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Vacation's over

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Well, I did not get a deer in Illinois.[:(] I hunted one deer about a one sixty class[:p] for about 4 days. the closest I got was sixty yards, My Brother however arrowed a nice 10 pointer 280 lbs about 130 class.Could have got a lot of regular racks but I was holding out for somthing bigger in any event the country was beautiful the hotel was great made a lot of friends and had a good vaca. Now time to meat hunt. Oh yea Taco never called[B)]

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Taco was sick. I was hot on a big buck, ended up settling for a big doe--will post pics when I get them developed. 60 yards? Didn't you have any heat-seekers? Gramps always told me to put 'er on automatic!!! But, good to hear your back safe & sound, even if you didn't get anything.

Well, you go for the hunt, not for the kill, and I hope you had a fun one.

On a different note, My buddy shot a 13 point last night w/ a shotgun. It was a BIG DUDE!!!

I'll post pics as soon as I get them developed and scanned.

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Yea,Ben it was a heart breaker but also a great expierence. Had a great time. Is taco Ok did he miss his vaca. I will see susp for posting pix I have a few. Beleive me I thought about letting an arrow fly then came to my senses. I most likely would have wounded or missed him . I'll get him next year. I know the deer is pretty happy.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Buckey glad to see ya back, and in answer to your question yes I went hunting but shouldn't have because my bronchitis flared up again. I'm hearing about it from the woman to. On a good note tho I got to meet bang and did kill a nice 8 pt. Just paying for it now with all the coughing and abuse from those who say they love me[B)] BTW, did you ever get my e-mail?

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Good to see your back Buckey, sorry about the deer. I haven't killed one yet if that helps any. [;)]

Got bunches of new people floating around here, it's pretty cool.
    Bring on the pics whenever you want, email me and I'll give you my home e-mail to.
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Susp. I think it's not my year just out of Bow range . Oh well thats half the exitement.[;)]
    edited November -1
    I know how that goes. Finally see a decent buck, a real nice 12, this past Sunday evening and he won't come closer than 50 yards. He wanted to it seemed like, but it was like he knew something was up. I had two does bedded around my stand and he wanted to be near them but seemed like he knew he'd get plucked if he stepped in closer. [:D]
    edited November -1
    Smart deer.[:0] he was right he would have gotten plucked[;)]
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear you had a nice vacation Buckey, sorry you didn't get anything but on the other hand there is still plenty of season left.
    edited November -1
    Like they say gogolen it's not the kill it's the thrill if the chase. I had a great time. My buddys that hunt here in R.I. said the deer are really moving[:p] so I figure I can get one thanksgiving morning or the next day. after that gun season.I havent decided if I will gun hunt I usually won,t pick up a gun till I have gotten one with the bow first ,Just stubbon I guess[:D]
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well good luck to you over this thanksgiving holiday, I would pick up the gun if not for anything else but to fill the freezer. I had good luck on opening morning for rifle season I shot a decent 8 point, I am headed back to northern MI this weekend in an attempt to fill the rest of my tags, and the freezer in the process.
    edited November -1
    Congrads on your deer. good luck next week. have a good holiday[:)]
    edited November -1
    If i don't talk to you all before Thanksgiving, hope everyone has a happy holiday, eat to much and sleep a lot. [:D]
  • riverriver Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that is a great season just being able to hunt one that big - you'll get him next year