In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Wolves

PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
DNR released some a while back not too terribly far from my place, was out on the deck the other night and it sounds like I got a pretty good size pack in my swamp. Do wolves hang around one area or will they move on.
Wife is seriously considering not bowhunting this year because of them, I'm hoping I can talk her into going if I buy her a sidearm to carry.

Comments

• ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope they move on for your sake! Good luck and careful!
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    dont got em by us......but i sure hope they move on also
  • PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dabowman, don't be to sure you don't have any, we don't live that far apart.
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PSFD DONKEY
    Dabowman, don't be to sure you don't have any, we don't live that far apart.
    were do you live? and i think i should resay my quote before....."i dont think that we have they around us.....never seen em....but i dont know...."
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hunted around one of the highest wolf population densities in the US near Ely, MN while I was in college. I saw many wolves there, never for too long. Usually they move fast when they realize they are not alone in the woods. Even saw one chase down a deer one day. Impressive animals!
    I also had them in northwest Wisconsin where I grew up. Saw one here and there, but mostly loners that just moved through.
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PSFD, make sure you check your local regs on having a firearm with you during bow season. it is not legal in this state.

like the others, i hope your wolves move on soon.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hsracer201
    PSFD, make sure you check your local regs on having a firearm with you during bow season. it is not legal in this state.

like the others, i hope your wolves move on soon.

That's what I was thinking, it isn't legal to carry a sidearm while bowhunting here in Ohio either.
    I "believe" wolves tend to stay in the same region while the food source is good. I think they have a pretty large region they call home though, like a 100 sq mile or something like that. Can you tell I watch the discovery channel a lot? [;)]
    I wouldn't be to worried though, I'd expect them to be more afraid of you than vise versa.