In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Its been mentioned before

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
But who is up for a GB get together for the 07-08 hunting season? I believe we have a place to use that could accomadate as far as housing. It would be a public land hunt though. Just a thought. Give me some feedback, thoughts, ideas, opinions.

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I know that country well, and am dying to get back.

I also have a tent that can accomodate 8 guys w/ gear comfortably, and still have kitchen space.(I've actually slept 13-15 people in it before).

I'm in, at least for a long weekend.

Ben
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i wish i could consider a hunting trip with you fellas, but i'm just way too far away. unless ya'll want to come to my house and hunt. [:D] there's tons of good public land here, and *HINT, HINT* gagirl's uncle, or cousin, owns an orchard [}:)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hsracer201
    i wish i could consider a hunting trip with you fellas, but i'm just way too far away. unless ya'll want to come to my house and hunt. [:D] there's tons of good public land here, and *HINT, HINT* gagirl's uncle, or cousin, owns an orchard [}:)]

Just throw your stuff in your truck and drive. The opportunity may not be there again. Or fly and I'll pick ya * up at the airport[;)].

Ok I understand. But you have time to change your mind.

Ben I'll do my best to get us set up for a hunt there this year. I'd like to get down there and check things out first, maybe you can go with?. They close on the place next week. Will I need snake boots?
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where you talking about? So. IL?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    Where you talking about? So. IL?

Yes, Pope co.
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    May not come over to hunt (mainly due to cost of non-res tag prices) but might come and sit around the fire for a while!![:D] Not to mention my Hoyt would hate to get that close to a mathews. You know, it would hate to make them feel "inadaquate" kinda like how racer feels when he's around men![B)][:0][:D]

That's for the post in the "where's the girls thread racer!!![:D][:D][:o)]
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    haha, good one slash. i knew i'd get my payback eventually. [:D]
    edited November -1
    Thats fine slash and to anyone else too. If you just want to come and not hunt thats cool.
    edited November -1
    Bang, did you get my email the other day?

Ben
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i would love to but way to far for me unless i can talk hubby into taking out a small loan for plane tickets
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

Ben

Yes, you don't have to reveal your secret spots.[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ladyhunter
    i would love to but way to far for me unless i can talk hubby into taking out a small loan for plane tickets

oh, that's not that bad of a drive. Probably about 7-8 hours.

Cheap trip. Licenses + gas + Food. Bring all your hunters in the fam!

Ben
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

Ben

Yes, you don't have to reveal your secret spots.[;)]

I will though...reluctantly, but I will.[;)]

Ben

edit: Except for my late season persimmon patch, and maybe Brewer's Point...but everywhere else, I'll show you. Even the back pond, and the turkey roost.[:D]

Ben
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    You know I will come[;)] this year and next....[8D] All those who say too much money[:o)] I say start saving for your trip now. do a couple of odd jobs for some extra money ... Ya only go this way one time .. I know guys now that say I wish,, I shoulda , I wish,, I wish TOO late time stops for no man... [/b I'll bet you guys are a lot closer than I am,,,, plus I'm gonna make bang buy me a beer... or [:p]2
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This would be fun. However, I don't know where I will be next year, its looking like I would be in kentucky.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    This would be fun. However, I don't know where I will be next year, its looking like I would be in kentucky.

That will be close enough.
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    sounds like fun, but i aint comin......me gots no $$$ [:(] still payin off my bow [:I]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18
    sounds like fun, but i aint comin......me gots no $$$ [:(] still payin off my bow [:I]

Your not old enough away..[:D]
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Where? how much are OS tags? Wight now I could not even take a full day off for OMAS memorial but maybe a 4 day weekend would work for David and me.

Racer... it's my brother's Vineyard. [;)] I intend to get up there for Thanksgiving this year.
    edited November -1
    bang looks like your stuck with me[:0][:D]
  • silverwolf636silverwolf636 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is the invite for a select few or all?
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by silverwolf636
    Is the invite for a select few or all?

Think as long you got the cash for the tag you can go.
    Bang will letcha know on Monday.
    edited November -1
    Dave- I'll look up some hours on Mon. where abouts are you West? central? ect..

gagirl, its in Pope County (S.Il) on the North east side I believe, I'll have to look again to say for sure.

silverwolf, as long as your not some crazy nut you can come. Or maybe you need to be a crazy nut to hang out with us. [:D]

as far as I'm concerned anyone from our archery forum and familys can come. We have a 1500 sq ft place to stay plus ben said he had a tent also. Again this would be for the 07-08 season so we have time to discuss and work out the details.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bang, whats the price for tags next year?
  • silverwolf636silverwolf636 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would we be hunting whitetail? And does anyone know about what month? I have alot of camping equip and a new popup camper.
    As for being crazy? Hmmm, my wife thinks I'm off my rocker cause she's been hearing me plan an elk hunt in Az (she's from there). Welp she finally asked me who in the world I was planning this hunt with; she didn't know that her exhusband and I had become friends. She started to tell me how crazy I was and that she has never heard of such a thing. But, I did go out and buy a gps just in case. The San Fran peaks cover a large area. And, raising six kids, I must have some crazyness inherited from them...
    edited November -1
    Hey Bang form Prov RI to central Illinois 17 hrs and 18 min .. thats not so bad. 1 good day of driving plus 1/2 day......[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Hey Bang form Prov RI to central Illinois 17 hrs and 18 min .. thats not so bad. 1 good day of driving plus 1/2 day......[;)]

Plan your trip in on I 64, S. Illinois, that will put you just a few miles from my place this year. Its gettin close. 5 months 1 week.

Are you still plannin on a camper or not?

Silverwolf- yes whitetail, month that we can all discuss, I'll vote Nov.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

Plan your trip in on I 64, S. Illinois, that will put you just a few miles from my place this year. Its gettin close. 5 months 1 week.

Are you still plannin on a camper or not? [?] HAVENT REALLY DECIDED YET, I WILL LET YOU KNOW IN PLENTY OF TIME,.[;)]

Silverwolf- yes whitetail, month that we can all discuss, I'll vote Nov.
    edited November -1
    dave mapquest says its a 10 hr drive however the route they give takes you a good hour or more out of the way. They brought you up thru St. Louis but then you have to go back down to pope co. Pope is only 1 county away from being on the kentucky line. So I think you could save time if you took a more direct route across the south end of Missouri then came up 57. But if you fly then that won't really matter.
    We can really get serious about the planning after this season.