In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

First problem with my Vectrix

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well not the first... but other lead to it. My wife thinks I shoot too much. Is she right?

I shot the strings off the thing! I got my Vectrix in mid December. Since then I have about 5K shots on it, and the string and cables were shot. I had a local string maker set me up with new ones. Decided to go black/blue combo. They look great! Only have about 20 shots on the new ones, but they have not moved a bit. If anyone is looking to have strings done, this guy is good. A few pictures for you.
I can't wait to try this thing on turkeys...
IMG_0415.jpg
IMG_0416.jpg

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    omg.gif My eyes....My eyess....

kiddin' yo, looks nice.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw your post on AT, nice looking strings.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14

Not many of us get over to AT I thought... I do like the color combo. Brighter blue and darker black than the baracudas I didn't want it to look like. Jeremy did a great job on them too. I'll keep you posted on how they shoot.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14

Not many of us get over to AT I thought... I do like the color combo. Brighter blue and darker black than the baracudas I didn't want it to look like. Jeremy did a great job on them too. I'll keep you posted on how they shoot.

I don't normally, but yesterday just happened to be one of those days. [:D] I got tired of all the BS over there.

I have that same color blue with silver on my silver and blue flame bow. It looks pretty good.

Do you shoot that bow for spots or a different bow?
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shoff
    That is my everything bow. I shoot spots, 3-D and hunt with it. The part that doesn't change is 29" draw and QAD Ultra Rest LD. For spots I change to 55lbs, a 37" Easton X7 stab and a SureLoc with a 4X scope. 3-D set up is 64lbs, a 11.5" doinker with the SureLoc Sidewinder seen in the picture (bowhunter class). For both of these I use a TruBall Trail Boss release. Then I hunt with it as pictured, and a TruBall Loopmaster. I havn't tried and BHs yet to see how fast I cam push them and maintain good flight. I use the same Gold Tip XT Hunters 55/75 for everything.

I bet your target rig would look good. The guy that built the strings is using the same blue with yellow for his wife's Bowtech... Don't know the model but it should look good on the crome riser.