In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

good rain gear?

goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
I am looking for a quality set of camo raingear that most importantly keeps my dry, secondly I'd like it to be very quiet. Anyone have a set they really like? I know there's stuff at Cabelas for about $400+ but was hoping to stay a little lower in price than that unless I need to.

Comments

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Frog toggs to me is some of the best rain gear out there.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    Frog toggs to me is some of the best rain gear out there.

I have the Frogg Toggs also. They are great rain gear. I wouldn't wear mine hunting though. They seem noisy. I have a Squall Tech coat made for BPS under the Redhead name. It is under the Bone Dry family. It is waterproof, windproof, and breathable. I love it. I wore it during this past gun season. We had freezing rain all day. It kept me nice and dry. I wore it during our January gun hunt also. It rained off and on all weekend and it was just cold and nasty with a pretty good wind. It was a hunt where there was a lot of walking and only a 1/2 hour of standing at a time. It was the only coat that I wore. The windproof part kept not only the wind out, but also the cold. It is very light weight and it is quiet.
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use "heiters" ? Got it for christmas, great camo, quiet, and today we had nearly 1 inch of rainfall, I wasn't wet at all[^]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I wont be much help with this post but my brother in law has some and I can't remember what its called but it is some kind of like suede or imitation type of material. It's light, quite, breathable and you'll stay dry. He also can afford to pay top dollar and does for his stuff. I'll try to give him a call tomorrow and see if I can get a name for you.