In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SWING BATTER

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
Big swing and a miss this afternoon, about 6:10 had a nice 6 pointer walk within 20 yards. I guessed him at 20, turns out he was 15...who knew? Shot right over him...good news is he was making scrapes and licking branches. THink he will be back?

Comments

• Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That happens, I bet he'll be back! [^]
  • Options
    pre6422hornetpre6422hornet Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A. Gun,

Thats too bad. As long as he wasn't spooked you probably will see him again. Are you sure he was only 15 yards away. Seems like with a bow set at 69lbs a 20 yard pin would only be one inch or less high at 15 if at all. Even my own bow set at 67 shooting carbons I can put my 20 yard pin at 10 and it is only one inch high.

Did you aim a little low to compensate for the down angle trajectory from a treestand. Especially if your stands are up around 20 feet.

Just my thoughts. Keep the head up. We all do it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    went out this morning, nadda...anyone doin any good?
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    didn't see a thing all morning here in DE. Not even a squirrel. There was a light drizzle all morning. Started pouring at 11am, that's when I packed it in.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:A. Gun,

Thats too bad. As long as he wasn't spooked you probably will see him again. Are you sure he was only 15 yards away. Seems like with a bow set at 69lbs a 20 yard pin would only be one inch or less high at 15 if at all. Even my own bow set at 67 shooting carbons I can put my 20 yard pin at 10 and it is only one inch high.

Did you aim a little low to compensate for the down angle trajectory from a treestand. Especially if your stands are up around 20 feet.

Just my thoughts. Keep the head up. We all do it.

When I drew back my right elbow hit the tree, he heard it and looked right up at me, then I shot...I think he might of ducked the arrow but it was mostly hunter error on my part. [:(]