In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Good luck, be safe

SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
Tomorrow is the day a lot of us put our bows down, pick up our firearms and take to the woods. I hope most of you got more bow time than I did, only one day for me, but I scored a freezer deer, pretty lucky really.

For a lot of us this weekend will be as much about family and friends as the actual hunt. I'll be hunting with my sons, brother in laws and a few friends in the next few days. Some of you will be doing the same. For those who are new to the sport I hope you can start traditions in your families that last like ours, it's a wonderful thing.

For those taking children, your efforts for the future traditions of the sport are appreciated. Remember to put the child first, you'll be glad you did in your later years. The satisfaction of a child's success is even greater than your own.

For those of us who like the quiet of bow season, remember gun season will be over soon enough, if you can take the late season cold, it's a great time to be out there. You can also get in that time hunting alone you sometimes miss.

Good luck to all, be safe..............Scout

Comments

• Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gun season starts the 21st here in Illinois.
    But I don't shotgun hunt deer. No safe place(private property)for me to go.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I'll be bowhunting 2 days before the 3 days of first gun season opens. And yeah I'll be gunnin the 3 days. I'd like to have 5 in the freezer and have many others that want meat too. I need to get busy.
  • bigfoot_4bigfoot_4 Member Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5
    Tomorrow is the day a lot of us put our bows down, pick up our firearms and take to the woods. I hope most of you got more bow time than I did, only one day for me, but I scored a freezer deer, pretty lucky really.

For a lot of us this weekend will be as much about family and friends as the actual hunt. I'll be hunting with my sons, brother in laws and a few friends in the next few days. Some of you will be doing the same. For those who are new to the sport I hope you can start traditions in your families that last like ours, it's a wonderful thing.

For those taking children, your efforts for the future traditions of the sport are appreciated. Remember to put the child first, you'll be glad you did in your later years. The satisfaction of a child's success is even greater than your own.

For those of us who like the quiet of bow season, remember gun season will be over soon enough, if you can take the late season cold, it's a great time to be out there. You can also get in that time hunting alone you sometimes miss.

Good luck to all, be safe..............Scout

Scout,
    Very well put!!