In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Turkey Luck Yet?

crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
Anybody have any luck with the turkey yet? Have been seeing them just not getting our shots. Damn bird are so smart. Had a biggin in the field yesterday and couldn't get him to come to me. Man the birds are everywhere you look ! At least in Ohio they are.[:p][:p]

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    cant hunt um yet[:(!]

Pinky-what are we going to do today brain?

Brain-the same thing we try to do everyday...try and take over the world!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    They sure are everywhere. I haven't been out yet, plan to Saturday morning though...

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, the youth hunt was last Saturday and I bagged me a good 3 year old birnd! Just today I went out and about 2 1/2 hours of casting calls into the wind a bird finnally gobbled and wanted to commit. I took that bird, it will make my 2nd ever!
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I laid my bird down to rest this morning. Knocked him right off his feet at 20 yards. Scoped up my pump gun this year and really like it. No more looking down the barrel at a bead just all crosshair now. Glad I scoped it up. Very happy with it! 19 pounds 9" beard![;)]

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!
    edited November -1
    HaHa, crosshair I believe i'm ahead of you in the turkey poll, I also believe I haven't hunted them as much as you either...hehe national call championship here I come!
    edited November -1
    All I saw Saturday morning were hens and a couple jakes about 100 yards across the field. I did catch the sniffles though, sat in a complete down pour for almost 2 hours. Seemed like I couldn't make my calls loud enough, heck sometimes I had trouble hearing them. [:D]
    My truck seat is still wet this morning from my drive home yesterday. Before anyone says it, yes I had rain gear on.

Thought about going out this morning, but it was raining again. Plus I figured A.Gun and crosshair already gotem all.....[:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    Nah, suspension there's still a few runnin around[:D]
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Quote; sat in a complete down pour for almost 2 hours.

Suspension; got a Tee-Pee Blind in my trunk that I received for Christmas Gift.Going to use it for Turkey in the rain.

With just a rainsuit a Guy gets wet after sitting there a while.

1-Powder

2-Patch

3-Ball

4-Remove the Rod

5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A.Gun
    Nah, suspension there's still a few runnin around[:D]

LOL [:)][:)]

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by s.gun

Quote; sat in a complete down pour for almost 2 hours.

Suspension; got a Tee-Pee Blind in my trunk that I received for Christmas Gift.Going to use it for Turkey in the rain.

With just a rainsuit a Guy gets wet after sitting there a while.

I had a few recommendations from this forum last year about blinds to get. So far I haven't bought one, the ones I have found and could actually look at don't seem like they will conceal me completely. They appear sorta course like a burlap material.
    What brand blind do you have?

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    this story might have been embelished a bit but my little brother who is 16 told me it. He went out on opening day and set up, he called in not 1 not 2 or 3 but 4 birds from opposite directions. He settled on the biggest one shot and took him out with my shotgun no less. he weighed in at 22 pounds and had a 9 or 10 inch beard. Well after a little dealing he decided to call that area as his hunting zone and i cant hunt there. I got to keep my honey hole up the road so no big deal i guess.

Pinky-what are we going to do today brain?

Brain-the same thing we try to do everyday...try and take over the world!
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    That's Good to hear.Has he bagged Turkeys before?A 22 pounder is a really "BIG TOM".

Headzilla;if I ever locate a place that good;I would post No Hunting Signs all around it.

Maybe you can pursuade him to rent "His Spot" a few times.[:)]

1-Powder

2-Patch

3-Ball

4-Remove the Rod

5-Do Not Forget the Cap.