In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

whats the best expandables ?

kevin@digital-link.netkevin@digital-link.net Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
I have jak hammers and I was wondering if the spitfires where better There is no rubber band to mess with any other good ones? Thanks Kevin I would be looking for someting in the 100 grain range

Comments

• reel-guyreel-guy Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don;t know about the rest of you but expanables are neat... but I wouldn't hunt them. In fact some states don't allow them.

For many years I bought every new fangled broadhead to come out. When I had my shop I tried them all. I've forgotton most of them. The "old timers" would come in for Bear and Zwickey 3 bladers. The Zwickey is my choice

Edited by - reel-guy on 09/18/2002 22:52:32
  • predator_hunterpredator_hunter Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have u seen any Test done by Wasp or Spitfire i have the Best expandable head i know of is Rocket i got one of there tapes and they test the heads u r talking about and the Steel head out does them all they take the same size heads 100gr and shoot a steel drum and the only one that make a pass with and still togther is the Steel head they out do Muzzy and Wasp and Thunderhead next time u look at a bow hunting book look in it alot of them do there on test i have seen 12 diff. test from 12 diff. people and the Rocket won each time i shoot a 75gr Mini Blaster 3L with a 1 inch 3/4 cut they r one bad head look them up at www.rocketaerohead.com try them and u will like them i bet good luck varmit master
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Best expandables? The ones that don't need to expand. I've seen too many expandables F*** up. I would only shoot them if I was having severe accuracy problems. They're expensive, and none are 100% reliable.
  • gunnutgunnut Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have bow hunted for over 14yrs and I have always relied on Thunderheads. I have since switched to first cut's. I have taken 4 deer with them and love them. I have never had a problem. My current hunting bow is a Mathews Ultra 2. I believe that some of the problems are with people shooting older bows that do not have the speed of the newer ones. Just an idea. On the other hand the Thunderheads work great also.

The Nut

~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • kevin@digital-link.netkevin@digital-link.net Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the help I did order a pack of spitfire 100 gr Kevin
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Let us know how they do.
    Ben
  • jokor3jokor3 Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    NOTHING BUT ROCKET WILL DO.........EITHER THE MINIBLASTER 3 OR THE NEW SLAMMERHEAD.
  • Big TimberBig Timber Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shot fixed blades for 8 yrs then switched to mechanicals. Taken 5 whitetail with mechanicals, 10 with fixed, no problems. Fixed and mechanical both work. I went to mechanical for safety reasons period. I'd recommend spitfire, rocky mountain, and/or rocket. Rocky mountain appear to shoot the closest to a field point.

BT
  • predator_hunterpredator_hunter Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i am with Jokor3 on this the Rocket heads r the best expandables they make on the market they shoot great just like a fleid point .