In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ripcord rest concept

woodsbuckwoodsbuck Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
Maybe I missed it but if rest in upright position falls away, is there supposed to be some way the arrow shaft stays in place until release of string?

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    The rest falls away as the string is released this way the arrow is flying directly off your string so nothing contacts the arrow to disrupt the flight
  • woodsbuckwoodsbuck Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Buckyboy: I must have installed football and/or cord incorrectly on cable because the rest in upper position falls away as I come to full draw (slightly prior to.)
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Thanks bang250: I wonder why instructions state rest can be used either up or down. If down, there is no arrow rest to guide shaft upon release. Maybe the aging process is getting to me. Previous reply from buckyboy helped me understand better. I will quit fighting it and adjust cord and shoot. Thanks.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodsbuck
    Thanks bang250: I wonder why instructions state rest can be used either up or down. If down, there is no arrow rest to guide shaft upon release. Maybe the aging process is getting to me. Previous reply from buckyboy helped me understand better. I will quit fighting it and adjust cord and shoot. Thanks.

I think what they mean is you can leave it down and it will rise on the draw or you can cock it in the up position before the draw. I put my arrow on the string and cock the rest up then hang the bow on the hanger until the magical time comes. [;)]
    edited November -1
    Thanks Bang: I hunt ND Badlands and even Mulies walked off while I was trying to keep shaft on my old overdraw rest. Some tweking and hopefully the ripcord will help. Now to force myself outside at -5. I like the concept of this rest though. Thanks again. Troy
    edited November -1
    Good luck! If you get something down please post pics. I'm kind of a pic freak, love seeing them. Thanks
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Good luck! If you get something down please post pics. I'm kind of a pic freak, love seeing them. Thanks
    You got the Freak part right[:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    You got the Freak part right[:D][:D]

I'm gettin all teary, thats the nicest thing you've ever said to me. [:D]
  • lunkerbusterlunkerbuster Member Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they are a good rest