In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Just got cursed by customer service ! Fred Bear

mauser_centralmauser_central Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
I bought a 3 pack of bear/Jennings carbon bolts to try out, well being new to crossbow's [ by the way thanks juju [:)]] i don't know that much about them nor the acc. for them. I Get these bolts home and i discover that both ends of each bolt have an insert that a field tip or broadhead would thread into. So i go looking for nocks that thread in online , don't find any and i start to wonder was this a mistake at the manufacture? so i found bears cust service number call them Explained it to this guy [ Eric ] he's lost takes my name and number then calls back 10 min later and says what was your problem again? I explain it, then another guy speaks up and says thats the way we make them they don't have nocks we use inserts instead , just shoot them that way ! I say ok so they don't use a screw in nock? he says no, i thank them and before hanging up i hear the guy that told me this say '' That Stupid Son of a Bit-ch '' then click as the phone hung up.[:(!][:(!][:(!]

ok I'm pissed but what do you do? [:(!]
and was he lying about the nocks and i believed him is that why he said that?[?]

"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe
~ Jesus Christ [Luke 11:21.6]

Mauser Central

MidwayUSA, if your not signed up for the Eblast alerts you are missing some great deals !

Comments

• easygo6easygo6 Member Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can tell you that nocks are not needed when bolts are used on my crossbow. As a matter of fact I would be upset if they were nocked.

You see, after lying the back end of the bolt agaist the cocked string and in the channel, I turn the bolt until one vane is inside the channel and two project up and at 45 degree angles from the left and right side of the bolt.

You do not need anything on the back of the bolt...as long as there are no sharp edges that will cut your line.

"They're in front of us, they're behind us, they're to our left and to our right...they can't get away now."

Chesty Puller, Chosin Reservoir, Korea

SEMPER FI
  • gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    I'd write them a letter. Keep it professional if you do. Sometimes they'll do some pretty amazing things to keep your business. Hopefully you were able to get the fellas name. Be sure to document the time and date of the call too.

Edit: whoops...I see you got the dill holes name! Good for you, now drop the hammer on them.
  • mauser_centralmauser_central Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i know they dont have a clip on nock but the ones at walmart was either half mooned or flat nocks, the ones i have made by bear have inserts and are hollow on the end that would go against the string.

Mauser Central

MidwayUSA, if your not signed up for the Eblast alerts you are missing some great deals !
  • PrebanpartsPrebanparts Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is that the first time you called them because they apparently knew you well [:o)]
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own a Fred Bear buckmasters, came with the bolts as you describe3d-that is normal, some people (bows) do not use nocks.

You should have called right back and asked to speak to the manager.
    You would think they are used to dealing with novices. Totally uncalled for.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    called them, informed the customer service manager about what happened she assured me it would be taken care of as soon as we hung up.

Thanks for the replies , im totally crossbow stupid i'll admit it, i'll start shooting them now that i know they are safe.

hey preban ,[:D] takes one to know one eh[?][:D]

Mauser Central

• mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we had a problem person while placing an order with NUMRICH ARMS. the call started badly, rapidly spiraled out of control, and i was hung up on...

i called back and CHERYL (ask for her, she knows her stuff) asked me to describe what had happened. she listened, apologized, and asked if i would hold while she talked to one of the owners...

when she came back, she informed me that the rude employee had been sent home for the day, and again apologized...

her husband works in the warehouse, and i strongly recomend you request her services...

they fixed the problem, and i went away happy.
    best regards, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.
    contact me at the shop at waltsgun@aol.com best regards, mike.
  • hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Send a letter to Ted Nugent and copy it to Bear Customer Service and Bow Hunter Magazine.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Write a letter!
    A letter has much more power than a phone call.
    I worked as a Paramedic. If a customer called and complained to the EMS Director about one of us medics, that was a problem. If they wrote a letter to the Director, that was a bigger problem. If they wrote a letter to the Hospital Administrator [the Big Boss] that was a real big problem, even if the complaint had no merit.
    Because then, the Big Boss was jumping on the Director's back to find out what was wrong, and the Director had to make damn sure that nothing was wrong.
    So, find out who the big boss is up there and write a letter. Use names and dates, as best you can. Don't make up anything, don't even exaggerate.
    If you are telling the truth, the rude pos who cussed at you will be in the deep doo doo, right where he belongs.

After all, if you knew as much as he does about crossbow bolts, you would have his job.

His job is to answer questions about people who know less than he does.

If everyone knew as much as he did, he would not have a job.

I say go to the Big Boss, because this girl you spoke with could be this jerk's boyfriend, she will take your complaint and throw it away.
    This happened more than once at the EMS, a citizen would call in with a complaint, when I answered the phone. They would just start right in with the complaint. I wasn't a manager, but they didn't ask. So, if the guy was a buddy of mine, and the complaint had little or no merit, I would put on an authoratative voice, say "Yes M'aam, you are completely right" and "I will do all that I can to get this straightened out". Of course I had no power to straighten anything out, so I would take the complaint form and throw it away. If the complaint was about a guy I didn't like, I turned the complaint in to the Director.
    If a letter came in to the Hospital addressed to Hospital Administrator, the medic was screwed, he better have some good answers.
    Find the title, and/or name of the Big Boss at Bear, and write that letter.
    edited November -1
    If it wasn't this close to Christmas i probably would raise more hell about it. I actually did start typing a letter up then got to thinking, this man may lose his job over this or possible lay off etc.. His family [ if he has one ]shouldn't have to suffer for his actions esp. this close to Christmas. I'm a reasonable man and I'm going to hope the manager chewed his tail over this enough where he wont do this to anyone else. So this time I'm gonna let it slide and trust that the manager gave him a talking to. I don't think i could sleep if i thought i was the cause for a kid not having a good Christmas.

mauser central [ who thinks rational after he calmed down ]

Mauser Central

• HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    It takes more to disregard a letter, it may not be much that is complained about or if it's just something they should be notified of.

But you still payed for a product and you're entitled to customer-service.
    Offcourse they want the product and company to have the best reputation - that is not happening with rude support-staffs.

Once the word gets around, that they treat people like that - it will be a tough reputation to get rid of.

I think you did allright =o)

Probably would have done the same - I wouldn't have complained as such, but merely informed the supervisor or immediate superior of the treatment, if I thought it could be improved upon.

Helpfull professional and friendly staff always builds trust - one bad apple in the bunch, and the whole company suffers from a bad reputation.

polarbear.gif
    Don't do anything that I've allready done - That'd be just plain STOOOOOOPID.

The only way to get stoned??? - Whisky on the rocks.!!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    C&P
    Fred Bear
    by Ted Nugent

Album : Spirit Of The Wild

There I was back in the wild again.
    I felt right at home, where I be-long.
    I had the feeling, coming over me again.
    Just like it happened so many times be-fore. eh.
    The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
    Makes me feel warm and good in-side.
    I knew his name and it was good to see him again.
    Cause in the wind he's still a-live.
    Oh Fred Bear
    Walk with me down the trails again.
    Take me back, back where I be-long.
    Fred Bear
    I'm glad to have you at my side my friend
    and I'll join you in the big hunt before too long
    before too long.
    It was kinda dark, another misty dusk
    it came from a tangle down be-low.
    I tried to re-mem-ber everything you taught me so well.
    I had to de-cide which way to go.
    Was I a-lone or in a hunter's dream.
    Cause the moment of truth was here and now.
    I felt his touch I felt his guiding hand.
    The buck was mine forever more!!
    Oh Fred Bear
    Fred Bear
    before too long.
    We're not alone when we're in the great outdoors
    We got his spirit We got his soul
    He will guide our steps and our arrows home
    The restless spirit still roams
    Oh Fred Bear
    Fred Bear
    before too long.
  • riverriver Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    customer is always right, right?
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Strange how there are two different companies with two completely different ways of treating customers within a week on this thing. Sorry to hear about your service at Bear.
  • festusfestus Member Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never seen any with inserts on both ends, mine are flat on the fletched end. I think I would check it out with a archery shop.

ssmag