In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Exercise

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Does anyone do any specific exercise to to enhance there bow performance. I have seen a tool, if you will, at cabelas for exercising and strengthening the muscles in you back. Anyone use these or do anything else like this??

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine

Comments

• gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just shoot a lot. This seems to be the best excercise.
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    I work out 5 days a week and there are very few actual excercises that have helped me with my bow strength. Kite boarding and kayaking use similar muscle groups. The only thing that has helped me was basically a bungee cord set up. Pull it like you do a bow and just get stronger cords as you get stronger.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Bungee cords,, thats a good idea. Dang alway the woman with the good ideas. Not that shooting alot isn't good goodlen. Its just to darn cold out right now.

At times, days in the field are more than sport, more than adventure. They are nothing less than a gift to the soul.- John L. Moore Buckmaster magazine
    edited November -1
    What Bang... your wife wont let you shoot in the house?
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I can't even shoot off my mouth in the house. Not to mention if I miss cause she yells "HONEY" as I hit the release. who has to fix the hole in the wall? Yep! me.[:D] Although you got me thinking, the basement is not quite finished yet. hmmmmm. no drywall till next weekend anyway.

edited November -1
    Basement.... thats is just totally odd to me. If you dig 3 feet here the hole starts filling with water.... oh yeah I live on the coast. It has not been 'too cold' here but I did determine that it is about 35 yards from the laundry room window to the back of the shop. I figure I could leave the door to the shop open and shoot out of the window. Just another reason for David to ask "are you insane?". I picked up a doe on the side of the road saturday afternoon and brought it home. You would think he would have been ok with his wife picking up road kill. I mean it was fresh...and it was meat... and FREE. But damn if I didnt have to field dress it before we left for the hockey game. Then I got up sunday and had to skin it and bone it out. It just aint right.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Pull ups are excellent--especially if you have parallel bars so that both of your fists are next to eachother with your wrists almost touching. Just make sure to pull towards the center of your chest, by 'leaning back'. I also like using an row.

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I read this entire topic and all I got from it was that gagirl eats roadkill. I'm still chuckling on that one. [:D]