In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

cities with the highest crime rate

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
After talking to Hitler yesterday I was curious to see who really is respectful of the law and who brings up their kids properly. By no means do I intend this apply's to everone who lives in these States. There are good and bad Folks everywhere.

Southern States have the highest crime rate by far. Dallas Texas being #1 and my old favoriot Miami Florida. New England was one of the lowest. GO yahoo punch in (Cities with the highest crime rates) Its MSN first at the top of page this may surprise some of you.[:0]

Comments

• furhollerfurholler Member Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

After talking to Hitler yesterday I was curious to see who really is respectful of the law and who brings up their kids properly. By no means do I intend this apply's to everone who lives in these States. There are good and bad Folks everywhere.

Southern States have the highest crime rate by far. Dallas Texas being #1 and my old favoriot Miami Florida. New England was one of the lowest. GO yahoo punch in (Cities with the highest crime rates) Its MSN first at the top of page this may surprise some of you.[:0]

Probably another attempt by the yankees to keep people from moving South, to God's country, like we did![:D][:D]

"Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains...No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue: and by a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles."-Patrick Henry
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1

Funny I punched in just what you said and this is what the FIRST web page listed had to say......Maimi is not populated by "southerners". There are more people from NY and NJ there then there are natives.

and another web page http://www.morganquitno.com/safecity.htm

listed Camden NJ as the worst... so a person can just keep punching in until they find what they want or you can realize that statistics are skewed by who is looking at them and what they are looking for.

Best Large Cities for Crime (More than 500,000 pop.)
    New Jersey boasts three of the nation's safest and most secure cities.

1. Nassau-Suffolk, NY*
    Nassau-Suffolk has the second-lowest overall crime rate in the nation, thanks to extremely low violent and property crime rates.

2. Middlesex-Somerset-Hunterdon, NJ
    The Middlesex-Somerset-Hunterdon area has one of the lowest murder rates in the nation, in addition to a very low rate of larceny.

3. Ventura, CA
    Ventura has a very low property crime rate and one of the lowest larceny rates in the country.

4. Monmouth-Ocean, NJ
    Monmouth-Ocean has one of the lowest auto theft rates in the country and an overall low rate of property crime.

5. Bergen-Passaic, NJ
    Bergen-Passaic has especially low rates of forcible rape and larceny.

Worst Large Cities for Crime
    Although Arizona has two of the most crime-ridden cities in the nation, their violent crime rates are relatively low.

1. Tucson, AZ
    Tucson has one of the highest property crime rates in the country, especially larceny. On the bright side, Tucson has a low murder rate.

2. Memphis, TN-AR-MS*
    Residents of Memphis contend with the nation's second-highest violent crime rate. In addition, the rate of robbery and burglary are among the nation's highest.

3. Miami, FL
    Miami's violent crime rate is the highest in the nation, with especially high incidences of robbery and assault. Thankfully, the murder rate is relatively low.

4. Phoenix-Mesa, AZ
    Phoenix-Mesa has one of the highest rates of auto theft in the nation.

5. Little Rock-North Little Rock, AR
    The Little Rock area has a high rate of property crime, especially larceny.

Best Medium Cities for Crime (200,000-500,000 pop.)
    New England seems to be an especially safe and secure region.

1. Danbury, CT
    Danbury has lowest overall crime rate in the nation, as well as the lowest property crime rate.

2. Stamford-Norwalk, CT
    Second only to its neighbor Danbury, the Stamford-Norwalk area has one of the lowest property crime rates in the U.S.

3. Johnstown, PA
    Johnstown has an especially low rate of property crime. The murder rate is a bit higher than one might expect but is still well below the U.S. average.

4. Dutchess County, NY
    Dutchess County has a very low burglary rate, which helps contribute to low overall rate of property crime.

5. Portsmouth-Rochester, NH-ME
    The Portsmouth-Rochester area has low rates of property and violent crime, but there is a significant rate of forcible rape.

Worst Medium Cities for Crime
    The South seems to be particularly challenged with crime.

1. Myrtle Beach, SC
    Myrtle Beach has the highest total rate of crime in the nation, due to a high rate of violent crime and the nation's highest rate of property crime. In particular, the rates of assault, burglary and larceny are particularly high.

2. Montgomery, AL
    The murder rate is significantly high in Montgomery, as are the rates of robbery, burglary and larceny.

3. Laredo, TX
    While the larceny rate is high in Laredo, residents can take comfort in the relatively low rates of murder and forcible rape.

4. Waco, TX
    Like Laredo, violent crime is less of a concern in Waco than property crime. In particular, burglary and larceny are a problem.

5. Wilmington, NC
    Wilmington has the second-highest rate of burglary in the country. On the other hand, the rates of forcible rape and assault are low.

Best Small Cities for Crime (Less than 200,000 pop.)
    1. State College, PA
    State College has low crime rates across the board. In particular, the burglary and auto theft rates are among the nation's lowest.

2. Steubenville-Weirton, OH-WV
    Property crime is especially low in the Steubenville-Weirton area, especially the rate of larceny.

3. Wheeling, WV-OH*
    While property crime is extremely low in Wheeling, the rates of murder and assault are a bit higher than might be expected.

4. Pittsfield, MA*
    Pittsfield has not only one of the lowest murder rates in the nation, but also an exceptionally low rate of larceny. However, the rate of forcible rape is significant.

5. Wausau, WI
    Like Pittsfield, Wausau's rates of murder and larceny are among the nation's lowest. The violent crime rates are also low.

Worst Small Cities for Crime
    1. Topeka, KS
    Topeka has the highest rate of property crime among cities with fewer than 200,000 residents. The rates of larceny and robbery are especially high.

2. Pine Bluff, AR
    Pine Bluff has a high rate of murder and the ninth-highest rate of robbery in the nation.

3. Monroe, LA*
    Monroe suffers from significant property and violent crime, especially assault and larceny.

4. Alexandria, LA
    Alexandria has the fourth-highest violent crime rate in the nation. Murder and assault are a problem, in particular, but the rate of forcible rape is low.

5. Florence, SC
    Assault and larceny rates are high in Florence, but the murder rate is low.

Methodology
    The FBI's Uniform Crime Reporting Program Crime Index was used for this study. This index consists of the combined rate of murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, assault, burglary, larceny and auto theft per 100,000 population. This study considered 331 United States Metropolitan Statistical Areas. The data was taken from the FBI's Uniform Crime Reporting Program report for 2002.

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Maimi is not populated by "southerners". There are more people from NY and NJ there then there are natives.

I don't believe that. I've been there and I didn't see anyone that spoke english. [:0]
    I'm sure there are plenty of "natives" we just don't see them often. either way its south of the mason dixon so they are "southerners". [;)]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
    edited November -1
    Bang.. the majority of Miami is either Cuban, Puerto Rican or northerners moved south... that does not make them southern.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Story! - Atlanta police chief says his city falsified crime reports
    Atlanta Police Chief Richard Pennington criticized his department for routinely underreporting crime over the past eight years, and warned that Atlanta is actually the most dangerous city in America.
    View the full story. Then see the crime rates Atlanta reported and judge for yourself.
    Only from Sperling's BestPlaces.

Regional
    Northerners who move South first off are usually very wealthy and live in florida 4 months a year.[:)] No Cubans up north[?] HOW come you ask[?] because we dont tolerate their behavior. I woud say if they live in the South it makes them a Southner. Please stop b/4 you really convince everyone that you really are prejudice.[V] it has become quite apparant in your post.[;)]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I have to agree w/ gagirl on this one. There is a point in Florida where the Southern Accents completely disappear.

And Buckey, What's up w/ this Hitler BS?[:0][}:)]

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    Story! - Atlanta police chief says his city falsified crime reports
    Atlanta Police Chief Richard Pennington criticized his department for routinely underreporting crime over the past eight years, and warned that Atlanta is actually the most dangerous city in America.
    View the full story. Then see the crime rates Atlanta reported and judge for yourself.
    Only from Sperling's BestPlaces.

Regional
    Northerners who move South first off are usually very wealthy and live in florida 4 months a year.[:)] No Cubans up north[?] HOW come you ask[?] because we dont tolerate their behavior. I woud say if they live in the South it makes them a Southner. Please stop b/4 you really convince everyone that you really are prejudice.[V] it has become quite apparant in your post.[;)]

Maybe you should learn a bit more about a person before you call anyone prejudice. I was very happily dateing a Puerto Rican man for 4.5 years before he was killed in a car accident. My highschool sweet heart was 1/2 white, 1/4 puerto rican and 1/4 black.... so exactly what about my past or anything I have said even so much as elludes to me being the slightest bit predjudice? You are the one who said you will not "tolerate" someone. Look at the statistics... you will see that the majority of the Miami-Dade area is Hispanic... just check out the demographics...

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    Gagirl, Thanks for informing me on your dating habbits. I,m glad your not prejudice and like to date Blacks and Ricans. But you again took the word prejudice out of context. The subject was Southern culture vs Northern culture not Black vs white or Rican. You seem to pick what you want out of a topic. What suits you and ignore the main content, which was Atlanta Georgia being in danger of being the worst crime city Quoted bu your own Southern police cheif.Read your quote that I listed below and tell me that is not degrading to northerners and their children. who died and made you GOD. By the way stop telling me about your personal life who you date why you cant afford a bow I really dont give a Rats * who you bed down with. [:(!] I for one think southern culture needs to spread northward. Then maybe males would act like gentlemen and yankee kids would learn that they dont have a choice.. they WILL say yes sir and no sir. This is Just pure Sothern ignorance and the more you defend It the more I know that you lie too because you really are prejudice of the North people read your post 3 or 4 times then apoligize for the insult.[:(!][:(!][:(!]
    edited November -1
    Wont apologize for the truth

edit:
    Oh and my ex husband was a Yankee too... so yet another reason I am not and never have been predjudice.

I just expect to be treated with respect. A true gentleman knows that all women should be and so does a well raised child.

I personally could not care what YOUR kids do. Mine however have been taught to respect their elders.

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    I have to agree w/ gagirl on this one. There is a point in Florida where the Southern Accents completely disappear.

Ben Read My last Post Hitler was a dictator and quote from gagirl "NORTHERN MEN NEED TO BE GENTLEMAN AND YANKEE CHILDREN NEED TO LEARN THEY DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE> now thats bullsht Ben. who the HE!! does she think she is to say my children should not have a choice thats what the hitler BS is.[xx(]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    Forget it your not smart enough to comprehend what is being said. Must be somthing in the water. This is what you sound like to me[:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)] DUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH
    edited November -1
    I really think it is funny how threatened you are by a woman who speaks her mind. You really cant handle it can you?

Flame me all you like. I really think it is funny because I see nothing said at all about the way southerners were put down FIRST....I guess it's ok to say as long as Buckey does not get his manlyness hurt. Dont expect any further responses from me to any of your comments I have much better things to do.

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Wont apologize for the truth

edit:
    Oh and my ex husband was a Yankee too... so yet another reason I am not and never have been predjudice.

I just expect to be treated with respect. A true gentleman knows that all women should be and so does a well raised child.

I personally could not care what YOUR kids do. Mine however have been taught to respect their elders. So then why are you insinuating Northern children do not respect theirs. You cant blanket everone there are good and bad in all . lets get back to archery

smilie_schuetze.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    I really think it is funny how threatened you are by a woman who speaks her mind. You really cant handle it can you?

Flame me all you like. I really think it is funny because I see nothing said at all about the way southerners were put down FIRST....I guess it's ok to say as long as Buckey does not get his manlyness hurt. Dont expect any further responses from me to any of your comments I have much better things to do.[:D]good cause either Im missing it. Or you changed the content again to a woman vs Man issue you a real winner Sweetheart.
    [imghttp://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/travesmilies/sternzeichen/smilie_schuetze.gif[/img]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!

There were a few in Key West that had it, so I wouldn't say it completely disappears. It is not as promenent the farther you go though.
    And as much as I know I should stay out of this I'm not. Like buckey said the war was over years ago, were not supposed to be divided, we supposed to be united, so lets forget the whole north/south thing and get back to archery...... Please.icon_smile_praying.gif

Hey ben how about a good story, you tend to have some good ones. Any good huntin stories come to mind?

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
    edited November -1
    Well maybe your right Bang.[:I] I can get pretty stubborn sometimes. But have a strong point of view as she does too. I guess everyone is intitled to their opinion. TWO WRONGS DONT MAKE A RIGHT[;)]Lets talk hunting.Sorry to have gotten so side-tracked. Ive been dieing to shoot my bow its just too damn hot 90-95 very high humidity not enjoyable to shoot.[:(]
    edited November -1
    Well maybe your right Bang.[:I] I can get pretty stubborn sometimes. But have a strong point of view as she does too. I guess everyone is intitled to their opinion. TWO WRONGS DONT MAKE A RIGHT[;)]Lets talk hunting.Sorry to have gotten so side-tracked. Ive been dieing to shoot my bow its just too damn hot 90-95 very high humidity not enjoyable to shoot.[:(]

Same here, I am dyin' to shoot but the heat sucks. gonna suck worse when I go south to put up the stand supposed to be 98 deg. fri. sat. and sun. And you can bet it will be humid as he!1

edited November -1
    Why are ya going so early.[?] I usually wait till late August.
    edited November -1
    Well I have other stuff to do there, I need to mow and get the carpet laid and a little tape and mud for the dry wall. Also to get away for a while and be out in the trees, the kids are all gone this weekend and the wife is busy so I thought it was a good oppertunity.

edited November -1
    AHHHHHH [^]I see a mini vacation good for you enjoy. Just hang em nice and slow and be careful.[;)]
    edited November -1
    At what time on a weekend away from home can you pop a beer open and not feel guilty?

edited November -1
    [^][^][^][^][;)]