In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Texas real soon

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Well next Wednesday we are headed to Texas. My first time to texas.
Gonzales tx southern end... There are snakes there from what I heard. dont think they would be to active this time of year.

Just in case I have A plan we decided that we would bring Slash along so if any of us get bit he can suck out the posion.[:0][:D][:D][:D]

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Just in case I have A plan we decided that we would bring Slash along so if any of us get bit he can suck out the posion.[:0][:D][:D][:D]
    [/quote]
    Dr. says your gonna die Kemosabe. [:D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Oh yes the snakes are active and very aggressive down there this time of year. Move slowly and never ever step over anything that you cant see the other side of. Listen carefully for that faint rattle. probably ought to get some snake boots before you go. You most likely will be bitten at some point so why risk it, make sure they go up to your knees and you will be ok. If you see one don't look at it directly in the eyes......

.........have fun[:D]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey while yer down there take a quick trip for me to Mexico and get me some tequilla please[:D]
  • Islander1989Islander1989 Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Grew up not far from Gonzales. Snakes will be active on sunny days. I now live in Dallas and it is supposed to be 75 and sunny tomorrow and for most of the week. They will be out and about warming up this week. You'll have to see what the weather will be like next week. Overall, I wouldn't worry about it. Just watch where you step.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I hate snakes[xx(]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    It's here already leaving wednesday 300 am... sooooooweeeeeee here pigy pigy pig OH yea they let you hunt at night too...[:0]
  • KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whatcha hunting? Javellinas? or wild hogs, feral pigs whatever you want to call them?
  • hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to worry much about snakes. If there are hogs around they eat every snake they can find, they hunt the snakes down, one of the hogs favorit foods. I have hunted on a bunch of ranches in Texas and the hogs are a lot smarter than you think. And don't let those short little legs fool you, you can't out run them so make sure you have some type of tree you can get to if one charges you. Have fun.
    PS those white things called tusk that are sticking out of a big old bors mouth are not there for looks, they are razor sharp and they know how to use them. I had a hunting partner that was shooting hogs, got a bad shot on a big boar and it just really made the hog mad to get shot, he charged my friend and he was lucky that a tree was close by but the hog hooked hin just as he was pulling his feet into the tree. Well the hog finally left after about 30 minutes and I suppose the truck we were in also helped run him off. We asked him if he was OK and he showed us his boot. It had been split from heal to toe by the tusk on that old boar.