In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

couldent man up

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
went Bow hunting Saturday,
it was 16 degree;s with a wind chill of 8 we hunted all day saw nothing. the afternoon hunt was ruined by atv riders.
This morning was even colder. I stayed in bed now Im pissed I diddent go,, I just couldent Man up this morning..[:I] any one else evr skip a hunt then feel pissed ya diddent go..

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Yepper. But after sitting there freezing and seeing nothing.....but today could have been the day.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    Yepper. But after sitting there freezing and seeing nothing.....but today could have been the day.

I know but I woosed out. took the ATV and put six of my cams on some trails trying to locate some BONE[;)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Just did it Sat. but got a lot done at home
  • MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup, today actually. It was quite a day. I Promised the wife I wouldnt hunt this afternoon so we could get our "first christmas tree in the new house"....how cute right? I figured with the crummy weather were having here today (ice storm) it was a good day to miss. Besides I felt bad blowing her off last weekend. So my cousin decided to go alone and decided since I wasnt around he'd hunt my spot. He smoked a monster 8pt from my stand 2:15 this afternoon. He says 130 class, I haven't seen it yet. He had just got setup in the tree when he came through chasing the smallest doe he's ever seen. Figures right? Laughed my * off when I got the call. Its the biggest buck he's ever killed so Im glad he shot It instead of me.

Then to top it off on the way to the tree place I hit some bad ice and did a 360 for about 75 yds down a hill untill this nice telephone pole stopped me. By the time we finally made it to the tree farm we couldnt get our tree, because it had closed, because the main building burnt down this morning. It was still smoldering in the freezing rain when we got there. Unbelievable right? I should make a movie.
    So here I am home now home No buck, no damn tree and a nice telephone pole sized dent in my rear bumper. LOL I guess it could have been worse right? [B)]

Ill try to get a pic of his buck up tmrw.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Wow! Like you said though could have been worse.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am done for the year. A very tough season here in MN. And in WI for that matter. I'm putting away all my hunting gear and getting out the ice fishing gear.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MrGunz22
    Yup, today actually. It was quite a day. I Promised the wife I wouldnt hunt this afternoon so we could get our "first christmas tree in the new house"....how cute right? I figured with the crummy weather were having here today (ice storm) it was a good day to miss. Besides I felt bad blowing her off last weekend. So my cousin decided to go alone and decided since I wasnt around he'd hunt my spot. He smoked a monster 8pt from my stand 2:15 this afternoon. He says 130 class, I haven't seen it yet. He had just got setup in the tree when he came through chasing the smallest doe he's ever seen. Figures right? Laughed my * off when I got the call. Its the biggest buck he's ever killed so Im glad he shot It instead of me.

Then to top it off on the way to the tree place I hit some bad ice and did a 360 for about 75 yds down a hill untill this nice telephone pole stopped me. By the time we finally made it to the tree farm we couldnt get our tree, because it had closed, because the main building burnt down this morning. It was still smoldering in the freezing rain when we got there. Unbelievable right? I should make a movie.
    So here I am home now home No buck, no damn tree and a nice telephone pole sized dent in my rear bumper. LOL I guess it could have been worse right? [B)]

Ill try to get a pic of his buck up tmrw.
    WOw thank god nobody was injured.. you did the right thing
    my wife is good to me and was happy to have me home. well at least half the day took me longer than I thought to get the six cams out.
    Just buy a fake tree. [:D]