In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Do you guys have any ideas on this?

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
My topic I posted in the general forum. http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=133884

The company I work for has almost 30,000 feet of 7 conductor 22 AWG communication cable that an ex employee ordered to the wrong spec. Yeah, really nice huh.
The cable is really good, just does not have enough RF protection for the application we use it in. I'm trying to figure out ways to sell all this cable before the end of the year. Tried e-bay , considered scrap, but the scrap guy hasn't given me a lot price yet, contacted a few surplus dealers with no luck. I'm hoping one of you will have the award winner idea.

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Get the company to take it back on trade at a loss to you guys, if possible.

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Try posting on. industry sales there are companys that buy and sell all kinds of stuff like that you may have to do a little searching to find the right site[?]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    The company it came from will not take it back because they built it as they were told, as far as exchanging it no dice either, that's a long story. This entire deal went bad because of two employees here, one is gone and the other has been knocked way down on the totum pole if ya know what I mean.
    I have searched the internet far and wide and so far found nobody to take it. I've posted ads on a couple dozen different sites. It's a bad deal, I think we'll end up eating darn near $10k and just scraping the stuff. [}:)] makes me mad, but I didn't hire either of the ones that started this mess.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    That,s a shame mabye the company can at least write it off as a loss then keep trying to get what they can for it to minimize the loss. Don't feel bad happens here too. a supervisor who left the company when I was on vacation ordered a bunch of machinery about 100,000.00 worth. well guess what it dosen't fit on the production line it was purchaced for. The worse part is I told them it wasant going to fit befor I left and they woulden't listen.[xx(]
    edited November -1
    Do we work together and not know it?[;)] That sounds just like around here. [:D]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I have an idea. How about a dove roost that goes all the way across your private land. I actually know a man that did just this. [:D][:D][:D]

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    I have an idea. How about a dove roost that goes all the way across your private land. I actually know a man that did just this. [:D][:D][:D]

We could probably even figure out a way to write that off as agricultural use/loss to. [:D] 30,000 feet would hold a buncha doves[:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Try E-Bay again.May be that the right buyer was not looking at the time.

Surely someone would want this.

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • gtcpl2gtcpl2 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would ask the company you purchased it from if they had any suggestions. Most would say no but you might get a sympathetic person who does.
  • riverriver Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1