In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

OHIO

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
OK, just a few questions for all you people who might have answers. In ohio we are only allowed to gun hunt with shotguns, that's fine but why are we allowed to use muzzleloaders? I have heard we use shotguns instead of rifles because we have higher population and more injuries would occur? If this is true then why use a muzleloader? The newer in-line muzzleloaders can shoot well up to 200 yards tapped with a scope and all. Most rifles shoot 200 yards, so I really don't understand the deal with this.

-very confused[?]

Thanks for the time,

A.Gun

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    A.gun. Since muzzle loaders use a heavy projectile and black powder their velocity is slower to begin with, and decelerates a lot faster than that of most center fire rifles. Also, since it is a 'muzzleloader', it does prevent you from rattling off shot after shot across the horizon. And, don't forget that liberals in your state find muzzleloaders much more exceptable than other evil rifles because they aren't near as deadly(SARCASM).

Ben

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I agree with Ben. I think population and with Ohio not being to hilly has a part in it to.
    I get nervous going out in shotgun season, I'd stay in my basement if they opened up centerfire rifles around here. [B)]
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ssshhhhhh...muzzleloading technology has far surpassed the definition of muzzleloading when the season was established...don't give them any ideas on banning in-lines because they have twice the effective range of shotguns...[;)]
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    SHHHHHHHH[:0] that guy has the right Idea don't give them them any Ideas the newer muaaelloaders are rifes 200 yards plus. It will be our secret.[;)]
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ha, thanks guys...this helped out alot with my questions. [:D]