In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Where is everyone!!!!!!

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Work is slow and I'm bored. Where is the action the forum got yesterday? So has anyone used an old antenna tower for a ladder to a stand? Has anyone built there own stands and how? Wood, pallets, weld some tubing? Lets get some action goin'on.
come on!! 2522_0_Spanking20smiley.gif

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Comments

• gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have no idea where everyone went. I built a couple of my own stands unfortunately I built them out of steel and they were HEAVY so I left them in the woods, if someone is feeling huge enough the get 'em out of the tree and haul 'em out they can have them.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm lost and can't find my way home[:D] I have noticed Susp has been absent for a few days. I have had a few antenna ladders in the past, usually paint em, then after they've dried and the smell has gone I take them to the woods.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! anim_beer.gif
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Antennas work well. I have 1 up, and one at the house. They are, of course, always set up to be permanant.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Ive been busy wasteing my time wth Gagirl- She thinks there is nothing wrong with What she says. OH well?
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Antennas work well. I have 1 up, and one at the house. They are, of course, always set up to be permanant.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!

When you say one at the house, do you mean one you are using? Or one that you dont really need? [:D]

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!

When you say one at the house, do you mean one you are using? Or one that you dont really need? [:D]

You're getting way ahead of yourself, Bang. I didn't even say what house!

Ben[:D]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    Oh would this be a tree house?

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Oh would this be a tree house?

No, just a buddy that jokingly says, "If you want it, come and get it." and then I do, and he calls and says, "Did you take that damn thing? I was just kidding." to which I respond, "Yeah, but I put an 18-pack of Bud in your fridge."

You know, same guy that gave me the hot-tub.

Ben[8D]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My dad and I built a stand to hang the deer on. It is made out of 2" square tubing and when inserted into the reciever on the back of your truck, works really well. It sticks out far enough to drop the tailgate and has a pulley on the bottom so we can skin the deer with a golfball, rope, and fourwheeler. With this set up, we can skin a deer in less than 5 min.
    If anyone has access to some 2" square tubing and wants to make one, I will go into more detail.

Cody

KungFu.gif
    Opinions are like azzholes, eveyone's got one, and this just happens to be mine!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I've built quit a few, most of them out of wood. The woods ones last usually 3 seasons before needing work to them. I stopped hanging the wood ones because I don't like ruining the trees now with nails. I did build a steel one, bout busted my gut setting it up in the woods, then tried using conduit (very hard to weld, kept burning through). I came to the conclusion that in the long run it is much simpler & cost effective to purchase a stand, plus you have more time to read the directions and drink beer. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • instrumentofwarinstrumentofwar Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's usually pretty slow here. You should check out Mathews forums. Always good stuff for everyone, and for those of you who shoot inferior materials(STIR,STIR....[:p]), they also accept non-Mathews shooters[;)]

Picture024.jpg
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by instrumentofwar
    It's usually pretty slow here. You should check out Mathews forums. Always good stuff for everyone, and for those of you who shoot inferior materials(STIR,STIR....[:p]), they also accept non-Mathews shooters[;)]

Picture024.jpg

I check it once a day along with AT. But this is home.