In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Who's shooting this weekend?

gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a 3D shoot to attend on sunday. Anyone else going to break out there bows and start shooting?

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Ishot one day last week if it cools down enough in the afternoons ill start shooting almost every day if not every day till the season.[;)] good luck with your 3D shoot keep em in the 10 ring[;)] Hey Gogo wht did the think of that little liberty bow that thing has to be all over the place.
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it would be interesting to try it out. Follow through would be key in maintaining any kind of accuracy or repeatability. As far as forgiveness goes I don't think there would be much if any to speak of. The one thing I did see that I wasn't so hot over was the 7" brace height. All that said it is a cute little bow.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I've shot twice this week and will most likely shoot this weekend on both days.
    Did you guys see the Hi-tech bow prices in that other thread. the one was $1248. sheeeesh.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
    edited November -1
    wow I MISSED THAT I WILL HAVE TO CHECK IT OUT. TALK TO YOU FELLAS ON MONDAY. LEAVING MY OFFICE IN A FEW TO GO HAVE A FEW.[;)][^] BANG YOU SHOULD GET YOUR THING EARLY NEXT WEEK.[;)]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Probably going canoeing; however, I'm sure I'll be shootin' Mr. Daniels.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    wow I MISSED THAT I WILL HAVE TO CHECK IT OUT. TALK TO YOU FELLAS ON MONDAY. LEAVING MY OFFICE IN A FEW TO GO HAVE A FEW.[;)][^] BANG YOU SHOULD GET YOUR THING EARLY NEXT WEEK.[;)]

check your email. Thanks

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot last Sunday. Shot ok for only my second 3D, but I lost 1 arrow and busted two more. [V] I also noticed that my little insert screw up ruined two more arrows, they cracked, so I am now down to only 2 arrows left. [V] Hoping to have some money for new ones soon.
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been shooting about every other day {weather permiting} since I got my new bow. Working my arms into shape slowly. I start getting fatigue after about 4 or 5 rounds of 6 arrows.

Ruric, NE OHIO,
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Haven't been shooting enough. I did stick my new Glendel Buck and McKenzie Gobbling Turkey targets in the treeline last night and shot a few. I really like the Glendel Buck target. I think I shoot better at 3D targets than bags, blocks, paper, etc.

Anybody else think they shoot better at animal shaped targets vs standard targets?
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lmbhngr

Anybody else think they shoot better at animal shaped targets vs standard targets?

Yes! I bought a "Delta"? buck and have noticed that I have improved a little. I ruined the fletch on three of my new gold tips on my old bag-target,I'ts strictly for the kids to practice with for now!

Ruric, NE OHIO,
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 4 mckinze set up at diff yardages from 20-40yds.
    edited November -1
    Wooooo Hoooooo
    Shot a 286 yesterday, not bad for being a bit rusty.
    edited November -1
    WOW that pretty good shooting. Where did ya place.[?]
    edited November -1
    I don't know I shot my round and had to get out of there to go to the festival in town. Upon leaving the festival yesterday my father called to inform me of his latest purchase a .308 bull barrel, me being the way I am I immediately drove to the gun shop and purchased a .300 win mag with a 4-16 x 50 scope. My family is funny like that. All in all yesterday was a little interesting.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .300 Mag, you got enough balls for that gun, I don't. [:o)]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    I don't know I shot my round and had to get out of there to go to the festival in town. Upon leaving the festival yesterday my father called to inform me of his latest purchase a .308 bull barrel, me being the way I am I immediately drove to the gun shop and purchased a .300 win mag with a 4-16 x 50 scope. My family is funny like that. All in all yesterday was a little interesting.

I had a Savage .300 win mag, damn near kicks as hard as my .50.

"Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool"anim_naughty.gif
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Been to hot to shoot bows so I've been fishing and drinking instead. [:D]
    .300 win mag is a good caliber, what kinda gun did ya get it in?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    That's a Chinese rifle isn't it? Don't believe I've ever seen one before.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent