In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rut??

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
I have been readin some other forums and seems that several believe the rut will be starting very, very soon here in Illinois. Some have even indicated that they think it is starting now. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I saw some chasing..... Limited in ND and some sparing taht was 2 weeks ago I tink real soon. pre rut is actually better to get a bigger buck . during the rut the big bucks already are bedded with does.All of November is your best hunting in my opinion.[;)]

Mathews1.gif
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i agree. 2nd and 3rd weeks of november are always the best around here. but i am a long way away from you guys.

39 and counting...
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some guys here went early ML and said the bucks they got were in rut already.Necks swollen,T-glands were dark and they stink. But I think next week half should be really good here.

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems to be kickin' off here in Ohio, been seeing lots of bucks early. Took one tonight, saw a button buck a week ago, and a basket-rack 6 point tonight.
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw a small buck this evening chasing the does he was with. He was quite persistent.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    the boys at archertalk have been saying the same thing its starting. the best part the weather man says no rain for me in the next week[:)]

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Is this noy what we as hunters wait for all year . It's on[;)][:p]

Mathews1.gif