In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

need advice buying bow

Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
I could use some advice from the pros. I have an opportunity to buy used, a Pro Line Mountain 32 for $150. It comes with a hard case and quiver. All original equip. is on it, wrap around arrow rest, lim savers, fiber optic pin sights ect. I dont have alot in the budget for a new bow, what do ya all think, is it a good deal? Are Pro Line good quality Bows? It sold new for about $480. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For $150 you cant go wrong as long as it shoots arrows and isn't damaged. Good bows are expensive so I don't think you can complain here. JMO
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Wait a minuite here[:0] This is a proline mountain 32 is that correct. If i diddent look up the wrong bow and its not damaged Buy it Fast.
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    buckey: Its a Pro Line Mountain 32, 32" draw, 55lbs. to 70lbs I believe. I dont know the model #. I would guesse its about 2 - 3 years old. It has the solo cam, and mechined risers. It is finished in Mossy Oak break up. Thats about all I know. If you can find any info on it I sure do appreciate your help, thanks.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    did some research also. I would not hesitate for one moment for $150.00 if it is the mountain 32... it's actually a darton . But the specs on the bow are very good.[;)]check it out

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2006-Bow-Reviews/2005-bow-specs-archive.htm
    edited November -1
    Done deal!! I'm going at lunch to buy it. Thank you everyone for help.
    edited November -1
    Did ya get it[?] Did ya[:D] Did ya[:D]
    edited November -1
    I GOT IT !!! [:D][:D] The guy even threw in a dozen arrows for $15.
    My buddy at the gun/archery/bait shop said he would set it up for me. I have'nt bow hunted white tail in almost 8 years. I had a bad experience years ago, hit a young buck a little far back and lost the blood trail. Never did find him, felt so bad I sold my bow. I think I'm ready to start up again, and have many months to target shoot and practice in the back yard. It's gonna be a good bow season! [:)]
    edited November -1
    hey man thats cool.[8D] listen I would hope I never wound another Deer but thats probley not realistic[:(] and I always feel awful when that happens[B)] if you tried your best put in your practice and track a deer properly you can still feel bad for the animal. but don't feel bad about hunting..

well congrads on the new bow and welcome back to the addiction.[8D][;)]
    edited November -1
    Thanks Buckey! I'm back for sure. Cant wait to shoot tonight right after band practice. Might even slip out early. [:D] Thanks again. [:)]
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    good luck with the new bow and have tons of fun!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sav99
    Thanks Buckey! I'm back for sure. Cant wait to shoot tonight right after band practice. Might even slip out early. [:D] Thanks again. [:)][
    [:D][:D] This one time at band camp[:D][:D][:D]
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sav99
    I GOT IT !!! [:D][:D] The guy even threw in a dozen arrows for $15.
    My buddy at the gun/archery/bait shop said he would set it up for me. I have'nt bow hunted white tail in almost 8 years. I had a bad experience years ago, hit a young buck a little far back and lost the blood trail. Never did find him, felt so bad I sold my bow. I think I'm ready to start up again, and have many months to target shoot and practice in the back yard. It's gonna be a good bow season! [:)]

At least you didn't shoot just a tad low follow a blood trail weaving through the woods for hours and a day on the first day you ever bow hunted at the age of 14. [V]

Congrats on the new to you bow!
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know much about that bow but ANY bow you can hit consistantly with is a good one... Unless it says "matthews" on it![:D] YUP I'm still here![}:)][:D][}:)][:D] Don't worry too much about hitting one and not finding it. Yeah, it sux but it happens. All you can do is ask yourself if you did EVERYTHING possible to prevent it from happening. If you did, shoot more and go after them again. I lost one (biggest buck I'd shot an arrow at) two years ago. I think it was mostly the peep so now I shoot a Hind Sight. Then the following year, I took a doe as soon as I could to get over the gitters.

Congrats on the new bow, and if you like, I'll send you a HOYT sticker to slap on it if you like![:D]

Since you are a little new, a few of us really like to beat up each other on the "mathews" and HOYT thing![:D] Just something to pass the off season![8D]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My daughter has a Proline Wave and it's been real good for her.