In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Camo

MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
OK so chime in... what is your favorite camo and favorite pattern of camo? Down in my area Advantage Wetlands works well for just about everywhere I go. Will be going into a different area for turkey here soon so am looking at some other camo patterns.

its all about pucks and bucks

Comments

• MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What camo do you use? Myself I mostly use Advantage Timber, but sometimes I use a home-made ghillie suit.
    edited November -1
    You guy seen the new urban combat camo? [:D]

couchcamoru5.jpg
    edited November -1
    What's everyone wear[?]
    I use mossy oak bottom land,,and treestand
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I use advantage

"There's been streetfights, blue lights...Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest...It just showed me how much I could take...Hard times, bad luck...Sometimes, life sucks...That's all right, I'm ok...It ain't nothin' but another day..."
    -M.G-
    edited November -1
    Damn, you're a talkative fellow[:D]
    edited November -1
    Im sorry i just woke up but i have mnay suits from cabellas for each season from when its warm in the begining of october till the end of deer season in december. All of my camo is advantage the old kind that is just the leaves

"There's been streetfights, blue lights...Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest...It just showed me how much I could take...Hard times, bad luck...Sometimes, life sucks...That's all right, I'm ok...It ain't nothin' but another day..."
    -M.G-
    edited November -1
    fisherman bob u are good that is the parka system i have it will keep you warm at all times. this past season if i was wearing the parka i never got cold. unfortunatly i havnt had the money to buy the bibs to go along with it

-M.G-
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I mainly have Mossy Oak, and Realtree hardwood or whatever. Late winter time normally brings out my woolrich then I have some cheap camo coats that I have sewn (sp?) more camo onto that I wear over my wools.
    Yes, I can use a needle and thread, makes me bleed sometimes, but it's all good. [:D]

My fiancee has bought me some of those exspensive cabelas parkers and stuff from Gander, but my woolrich is what I wear when it's cold, those new things don't hold a candle for me...

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whatever is on sale. I dont think the Deer recognize diferent patterns. As long as your outline is broke, youll be fine-Ohh yeah-make sure your face is covered.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by salzo
    Whatever is on sale. I dont think the Deer recognize diferent patterns. As long as your outline is broke, youll be fine-Ohh yeah-make sure your face is covered.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man

salzo, you trying to make a point about me covering my face? [:D][;)]
    I agree, I think all my camo was bought when it was on sale or on the return counter [:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    salzo, you trying to make a point about me covering my face? [:D][;)]

Gosh! How do I get myself into these messes![:D][:)]

I find that even if you are wearing blaze orange, covering your face with a camo mask is beneficial. It has been my experience that the first thing an animal recognizes, is the face. Next is the hands, which is why I ALWAYS wear camo gloves when hunting. Even if I am squirrel hunting, I make sure I have a mask and camo gloves.

-Jimmy the cheese man
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use realtree hardwood in 3-D, then in colder weather I use the same pattern in a warmer style without the 3-D. Always camo-paint my face because it seems my glasses fog when I use a mask. O.K. let the comments fly about me usin makeup[:D]

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    As long as you realize that you're gay, I have no comment.[:D]

Just kidding, of course, I use face paint too. I use dirt/mud on the backs of my hands.

Ben
    edited November -1
    Now that was down right low ben,[}:)] I new comments would fly but that one cut deep[:D] Just think, I even wanted to meet ya and maybe get you to bowhunt up here. I'm rethinkin that now[:D] On the other hand at least I don't go wearin a thong and see through top like someone on here[:D][8D][:D].... Ben, after the 4th i'll be headin towards Mt. Vernon, i'll let ya know and maybe we could get a bite to eat or something.

edited November -1
    quote:On the other hand at least I don't go wearin a thong and see through top like someone on here

I have and will never wear a see through top! That's just 1980s gay.

drop me an email, we'll grab some grub. I'm a ways north of Mt. Vernon on I-57.
    edited November -1
    I meant Suspension [:D][8D] remember him askin if we thought she'd like it? I hope he sees it, as for where ya live it's on my way since I live in Georgetown. When I get ready to head south i'll drop ya an e-mail.

edited November -1
    [:I]The brain cell that contained that thought must of been on vacation yesterday. He needed a break anyway, I was kind of hard on him last weekend.[B)]

Ben
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ben,
    drinking just makes you smarter by killing off the stupid ones first. c'mon you knew that, how do you think I got as smart as I am?
    edited November -1
    Well if that's true I'm on my way to become the smartest man ever!![:)]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Martes
    Well if that's true I'm on my way to become the smartest man ever!![:)]
    [:D][:D]Man you guy's got side tracked from the "what kinda camo do you wear," which one of you guys has gay camo brain cells[?][?][}:)][:D][:D]
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think those were the first to get knocked off, But on a serious note my camo depends on where and what time of year I am hunting.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    I think those were the first to get knocked off, But on a serious note my camo depends on where and what time of year I am hunting.
    [:D]I try to do the same match where im hunting it's weird I have had deer real close with no camo when I was younger. We just hunted in blue Jeans and work boots hooded sweatshirt. Granted I was not bow hunting but still got pretty close to deer. I think camo is important but aso I think it mentally makes a hunter feel more confident thinking a deer cant see them. In all I try to use every advantage I can get.[;)][;)][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    I meant Suspension [:D][8D] remember him askin if we thought she'd like it? I hope he sees it, as for where ya live it's on my way since I live in Georgetown. When I get ready to head south i'll drop ya an e-mail.

As a matter a fact I did see it. [}:)][:D][:D][;)]

• s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    I use mostly Realtree nowadays so as to look like an Oak Tree.But I really believe you can't beat the Old Army WWII Camo for great concealment.You just can't buy it in Hunting Clothes anymore.

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.