In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How do you Hunt?

MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
What kind of hunting do you do? Still-hunting, spot-and-stalk, tree-hides or..?

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    i sit in a tree

"There's been streetfights, blue lights...Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest...It just showed me how much I could take...Hard times, bad luck...Sometimes, life sucks...That's all right, I'm ok...It ain't nothin' but another day..."
    -M.G-
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I only tree-stand hunt with my bow and arrow. If I go pistol hunting, I set up on the ground, and then spot-and-stalk.

Ben
  • dennisjohnsondennisjohnson Member Posts: 471 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    tryed almost everyway imaginable....but my best luck has been ground blinds by trails, in real crappy wheather.(storm approaching...rainy sleet..)late season i hit my stand.

dennis
  • hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in the deep South, treestands are the way to go, swamps are very thick and in dry weather you make to much noise to slip around unless it is real windy or has rainde quite a bit. I hunted in ground blinds in Texas and they work very well out there.

Hornet
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hunt from a treestand.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where I live and bow hunt I have treestands through out the woods. When I go south in Illinois to shotgun hunt I take my climbing stand so I can move if needed.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Pray mostly.....then I do the following

1. Treestand
    2. Ground Blind
    3. Still hunt

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent