In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NO DEER!

DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
Checked my Deer Buffet set up and not one picture on the cam. 25 lbs of corn gone. Have to go today and refill and make sure the cam is working properly. I know I stunk up the area last week when we set it all up but it has rained since and I figured that would clear away any smells. What a Let-down! Last year I started feeding late and I remeber It took a while to get going, Guess I need to be a little more patient. I hope nothing is wrong with the cam, Its the "El-cheapo" for $59.99....

Ruric, NE OHIO,

Comments

• DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just like the title implies, I have killed no deer this season. It's a few weeks until muzzleloader, and I really don't have my hopes up considering the rut is over. I still want to go out for muzzleloader and afterwards, but I just feel like my chances aren't nearly as good and that I probobly won't see a thing. Has anyone ever killed a nice buck on muzzleloader or afterwards with a bow? I'd like to hear from you.
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you seen the commercial for Cuddeback trail cameras? They have one of their trail cams on a tree with 3 or 4 competitors cams. The guy walks by and the CB snaps a pic. All the others are way late triggering and miss the picture completely. Could be the "el-cheapo" has a poorly set triggering device? Try walking past it to see if it catches your mug on film... don't forget to say cheese. [:D]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I bought one good one. and one cheapo stealth cam 59.95 the chepo works fine just check that you have it set properly. and try it in your yard set it up and alk through the beam should trigger fine. NOTE be sure not to put it too high on the tree common mistake 3 ft high and not too far away should be fine. let me know how ya make out. I saw that comm. for cuddy back. but I have a night hawk triggers fine and a cheap Stealth cam that also triggers fine as fast as any other.once the beam is broken the trigger is set Justlike the automatic lights in people yards thats BS that they take that long. most problems are due to improper set up and mounting.
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I refilled the feeder and checked the cam out and it seems to be working when I move the switch to the Test mode. No tracks found around the feeder so I guess I'm feeding the birds and squirrels for now. I do have it mounted about 5 foot up, Maybe I'll drop it a foot or 2... Going back in about an hour to put down some more Buck-jam then I won't check it until Saturday or Sunday again.

Ruric, NE OHIO,
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    5 feet is definatly too high. you will miss photo's depending on the distance. good luck hope ya get some nice photos.[;)]