In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

give us an update

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Anyone huntin? seein anything? shootin anything? whats up?

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Haven't been hunting since thanksgiving. Haven't shot my bow to much since then either. Been to damn busy.
  • ZUKEBABYZUKEBABY Member Posts: 450 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My brother and I filled our IL shotgun tags, (3 does and an 8-pointer) and are now waiting for a few days off to go out and fill our bow tags. Saw a few yotes and alot of droppings, might need to go out and thin them a bit first. At least the weather is getting a bit more seasonal.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Seasonal? its gettin damn cold! I'm goin this weekend to try to fill my bow tag also. Did you fill shotgun tags 1st or second season?
    I filled 1st season with 2 doe. didn't really want to go back for 2nd season, ready to fill the bow tags now and get inside where its warm and start getting ready for next season.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I can gun hunt till the 12th but I really havnt felt like it lateley. I have hunted about 35 days since the 15th of october between the bow and gun so im getting a littlle tired of it. bunny season will be upon me soon

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hunting whats that been so d@m busy haven't had a chance to even think about hunting much less going,anyone want to go christmas shopping for me
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Filled my gun tags first season, doe and a 255lb dressed 8 pointer. Went second season and filled all our landowners tags. 5 Nice big fat does to top off gun season. I have 1 bow tag left to try and kill a buck or doe.

00deer4.gif
  • ZUKEBABYZUKEBABY Member Posts: 450 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, a bit more seasonal than it was on opening day/month. The buck and one doe was 1st half of the season and the two other does were Sat. morning. Didn't see much of anything either of the 2 weekends. Hopefully things will calm down a bit for the deer to be out walking a bit more. I still think there are some out there filling bow tags with firearms with the new call-in system this year.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Well, I went out and sat in that stand that was put up on my property...I waited and waited, but taco never showed.[:(][}:)][V]

Ben

President: Loyal Order of Teletubbies
    elefuns5038.gif
    Distinguished Kuwaiti Observer
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    quote:Well, I went out and sat in that stand that was put up on my property...I waited and waited, but taco never showed.

got to bait them taco eaters with peppers and they come in to ya

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97

Nah it takes a good cigar and a nice bottle of single malt scotch and i'd be there in a flash[;)].

00deer4.gif
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can hunt while I am at work so its kinda cool. Took the rifle for a walk for about 2 hours. Saw no deer, just many tracks. We have a front coming in so I might go out for a few hours tomorrow. I still have a few weeks of rifle left, then bow and muzzle until just before Christmas. This is the latest buck my hunting partner took off the land we manage. Laying off the does, spikes, and 4 pointers for the last 4 years has really started to pay off !! We only shoot bucks with 6 or better unless they need to go.
    jeff3.jpg
    Abort Cuomo
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97

Nah it takes a good cigar and a nice bottle of single malt scotch and i'd be there in a flash[;)].

00deer4.gif

I've got a pack of tipped cigarellos, and a plastic water-bottle of hooch.

Ben

elefuns5038.gif
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    Originally posted by headzilla97

00deer4.gif

I've got a pack of tipped cigarellos, and a plastic water-bottle of hooch.

Ben

elefuns5038.gif
    un_medal_ikom.jpg

Hell, that'll work[:D]

00deer4.gif
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Things around here are just starting to settle from last weeks shotgun season. All the folks with their 1x/year guns headed home so alls safe again. [:D]
    I might try to stand the cold for a few hours Saturday morning then I gotsta get ready for our christmas party by taking lots of asprin. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like Bang and I are going to get to hunt in some SNOW this weekend!!![8D] I can't wait! On another point, the area I had my blind stolen magically has a blind out in the field on the suspect(s) property! Sure wouldn't want to see it come up missing or go up in FLAMES!![;)]

untitled.jpg