In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

bad luck tuesday continues

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok Bang, I went out... No little girl here, but the bad luck continued.
First it was a late start. I had to work until 2, then vote, then go hunt. I got to the tree and got set. Within 20 minutes I had some guy walking his dogs right to my tree and then wants to chat about when I will be hunting. I, not so nicely, told him to get the **** out of there. Then about the time I expected to see deer my cell rang. I normally turn it off, but forgot to. Then just at last light the farmer starts harvesting the corn field. I sat for the first 2 rounds around the field and then walked out.

I did see a nice buck, but he was down wind and would not come in. I would guess him around 140 and he was at 75 yards. If the rain slows down I will be back out today after work.

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    Ok Bang, I went out... No little girl here, but the bad luck continued.
    First it was a late start. I had to work until 2, then vote, then go hunt. I got to the tree and got set. Within 20 minutes I had some guy walking his dogs right to my tree and then wants to chat about when I will be hunting. I, not so nicely, told him to get the **** out of there. Then about the time I expected to see deer my cell rang. I normally turn it off, but forgot to. Then just at last light the farmer starts harvesting the corn field. I sat for the first 2 rounds around the field and then walked out.

I did see a nice buck, but he was down wind and would not come in. I would guess him around 140 and he was at 75 yards. If the rain slows down I will be back out today after work.
    sounds like you need to skip tuesdays.. Cell phone On ? whats up with that? Guy walking his dogs whats your treestand on a telephone pole[:D][:0][:D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    When that combine gets to the last few rows deer will scatter, get out there. [;)] If you stay out and let all the bad su{burp} go down on Tues. you'll have great weekends. in theory. [;)][:D]
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish the field work had started so it was still daylight at the end of the field, but they had just started. I am going to try to go, but there is thunderstorms all day and increasing as the day goes on. May not want to be up a tree with some stray voltage above. Not to mention the rain washing away the blood trail if there was one.

BTW here is a pic of my spot. The white dot is my stand. I am over a mile from the road, and yes I walk the whole way in.
    docs.png
  • BBQGUYBBQGUY Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep the faith. Just when things look the worse it pours down rain. Just kidding. I have great trail pics but NO deer movement during the day. Do chipmunks count for points? BBQGUY - 1/4 of team #5.